Cpu core count versus clock speeds?

So my ? is pretty much listed in the title. Essentially wanting to know why each one would matter, and maybe a couple of scenarios of how each would be utilized. I know this ? has probably been posted b4, but didn't feel like looking all over the forums to find it. :)

High clock-speed is best utilized in games and other programs that favour good single-thread performance. I good example of a CPU with excellent singe-threaded performance would be the i7-7700K. Many cores are better utilized in programs that need to do many calculations simultaneously, such as exporting of large files. An extreme example of this would be the Xeon Platinum 8180, (or even a Xeon Phi).

What is actually supposed to go here? Some people put their specs, others put random comments or remarks about themselves or others, and there are a few who put cryptic statements.

Not every program or game uses many cores. Some use only a few, mostly 4. Clock speed becomes important at this point, where 4 slow cores will be inferior to 4 fast cores (provided all else is equal, which it wouldn't be in something like AMD vs Intel). Things like video editing and streaming on twitch use programs that can leverage like xeons. 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad