Recent Nvidia update.

TrinimixStudios

I've recently had to update my Nvidia driver. And it almost destroyed my computer. After restarting and reinstalling the drivers my PC still has multiple problems. Anyone else have these issues.

What went wrong after the install?

Try using DDU and installing the drivers again after that, this tool removes everything related to the driver.

About the issue, I didn't experience it myself on my GTX980/GTX1060 with any of the recent updates and boy there are a lot lately.

When I first got my 1060 however I did have a problem with the latest driver, it just didn't install so I choose the older version and a few days later got updated to a newer one. It worked mighty fine since then.

Never had it with my 980, that had other issue's however but weren't driver related.

What graphics card do you have?

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

21 minutes ago, Sfekke said:

What went wrong after the install?

Try using DDU and installing the drivers again after that, this tool removes everything related to the driver.

About the issue, I didn't experience it myself on my GTX980/GTX1060 with any of the recent updates and boy there are a lot lately.

When I first got my 1060 however I did have a problem with the latest driver, it just didn't install so I choose the older version and a few days later got updated to a newer one. It worked mighty fine since then.

Never had it with my 980, that had other issue's however but weren't driver related.

What graphics card do you have?

I have a GTX 1050 ti. The screen went black after almost installing the driver right now. I'm make a windows installation media to repair my computer. Win 10 is hell. Now my computer is broken. I'm using a secondary to keep the media.

Just now, H4X3R said:

Dont update driver then -.-

Thank you very helpful I'll remember next time. When my computer isn't broken. Thanks for the freak fricken advice.

1 minute ago, TrinimixStudios said:

Thank you very helpful I'll remember next time. When my computer isn't broken. Thanks for the freak fricken advice.

You're welcome. You can try to install a previous driver (if possible): https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx (i suggest 1-3 month old one)

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Ive somehow got the issue that with the newest driver some games just crash within few minutes on my 1080 TI like Far  Cry 5 or Dishonred 2