Switching to Android

Salvador_RR

Ok, so first of all I have been using iOS almost exclusively for the last five years, but now I am thinking of making "the transition" to Android (I currently have an iPhone 8 and want an experience that is somewhat similar) I will probably buy a Pixel 3 but I wanted to know what other people think about it (and maybe some alternatives) The only concerns I have about the Pixel 3 are the 4GB of ram and the fact that it can only record 4K at 30fps (the iPhone can record at 4K/60) Do you think 4 gigs will be enough? I would just like some opinions and recommendations.

Thanks in advance (and excuse my english)

No, pretty much every phone that isn't a pixel 3 is better.

Or just get a oneplus 6.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Here’s my 2 cents: 

- The iPhone 8 is an awesome phone. It’s very snappy and iOS 12 is a joy to use. 

- Android phones just tend to slow down more frequently and have more bugs. 

- Google’s Nexus and Pixel phones have historically been buggy with bad software updates that remove features or slow things down after just 1~2 years. 

- If you want to experience Android you can simply download a lot of the Google apps on your iPhone. I know it’s not the same but the 2 OSs are similar. But you can’t install Apple apps on your Android. And that sucks if you use FaceTime and iMessage daily. 

Long story short: your iPhone 8 is simply awesome and buying anything else would quite frankly be a waste of money. Just wait several years until you “upgrade”. I am serious. 

what about the xiaomi mi 8?

Current PC and Peripherals

CPU: i7 6700

CPU cooler: Cryorig H7

GPU: Evga RTX 2070

Memory: 16gb Corsair RGB

HDD: 1tb WD blue

SSD: 120gb Kingston

Headphones: Hyper x Cloud

Keyboard: Logitech g810

Mouse: Logitech g502

Monitor: Aoc 60hz

Other tech I own

iPhone 8

Edifier Prisma

Amazon echo dot

Apple Airpods

Go Pro Hero 7

Personally I switched from an iPhone 7 to a Samsung Galaxy note 9. I love the phone and it's a joy to use everyday. It's nice that Samsung pay works practically everywhere unlike Apple pay and it's super snappy with day to day tasks. That being said if your switching from an iPhone 8 it could still be a great idea but I would stay away from the pixels. The way Apple is able to integrate the software and hardware is amazing. You won't find anything else that acts like iOS in terms of optimization. In the end it's your choice but I wouldn't switch from an iPhone 8 just yet.