Ryzen 5 2600 a bottleneck?

szym3k

Howdy dudes,

2 days ago I've decided to purchase Far Cry 5 because I've wanted it for so long. I'm running it with a Ryzen 5 2600 and GTX 1070Ti with 16GB of  3000MHz DDR4, and judging by the benchmarks on YT I should easily be getting over 75FPS on Ultra Settings 1080p but keep getting weird Fps drops to mid 50's near outposts or just random places. Could the problem be the GPU not being fully used because of my CPU?

OHHH, SASUKE-KUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just now, Slottr said:

How are temps and usage? 2600 shouldnt be a problem.

Do you mean the CPU temps or the GPU? If CPU then they never go above 50c and for the GPU they max out at 63c.

Is your PC's power plan set to high performance?

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

2 minutes ago, szym3k said:

Do you mean the CPU temps or the GPU? If CPU then they never go above 50c and for the GPU they max out at 63c.

And the usages?

Does any CPU core get close to or reach 100%?

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

1 minute ago, r2724r16 said:

Is your PC's power plan set to high performance?

Nope, it's set to Ryzen Balanced.

Just now, szym3k said:

Set it to high performance and see what happens.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

1 minute ago, szym3k said:

Yeah, change that.  Ryzen balanced is only for 1000 series chips.  AMD recommends high performance for Gen 2.

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

1 minute ago, IrshaadH said:

Yeah, change that.  Ryzen balanced is only for 1000 series chips.  AMD recommends high performance for Gen 2.

3 minutes ago, r2724r16 said:

Will do. :d

12 minutes ago, bleedblue said:

And the usages?

None, the highest one of them got was 70%, though the GPU usage was about 68%

9 minutes ago, r2724r16 said:

The frame drops got less frequent when I quickly launched the game and just ran around some outposts. I think it's also worth mentioning  that the drops were far more frequent in co-op.

1 minute ago, szym3k said:

The frame drops got less frequent when I quickly launched the game and just ran around some outposts. I think it's also worth mentioning  that the drops were far more frequent in co-op.

Do you have V-Sync or some frame limiter turned on?

Just now, r2724r16 said:

Do you have V-Sync or some frame limiter turned on?

V-sync

Just now, szym3k said:

V-sync

Turn it off and see what happens

7 minutes ago, r2724r16 said:

Turn it off and see what happens

It's running a bit smoother now but the tearing is ass... I also locked my refresh rate to 60Hz because I wanted to see if it will get rid of the fps drops. I'm using a 75Hz monitor and the drops were even higher.

1 hour ago, bleedblue said:

And the usages?

Now when I look at it the  CPU usage went as high as 94% and the GPU usage went down to 50% when I was fighting with some cultists.

1 hour ago, szym3k said:

Now when I look at it the  CPU usage went as high as 94% and the GPU usage went down to 50% when I was fighting with some cultists.

Its a long shot but I've seen viruses/malware that will sit in the background of your PC and when u game or use your CPU or GPU a lot it will start to mine cryto while your playing the game in your instance. It does this by limiting many settings of your GPU and CPU so u drop FPS, but it can take say 20-30% of your GPU usage to mine crypto. Its a long shot u have this but u might. 

Doubt its this but hey who the hell knows misewell do a full Malwarebytes scan including rootkits to check each drive right just to be sure?

You expect me to reply then you'd best QUOTE me so I can........thanks

Simple PC Parts list to reference for other Users:

Case: Meshify C

CPU: Ryzen 1600 @ 3.8

Mobo: ASRock AB350 Pro4

Ram: 2 x 8gb (Corsair RGB Pro)

GPU: XFX RX 580 8gb - Clocks: Core @1386mhz, memory @2000mhz

Storage:

Boot drive - 120gb NVME Corsair MP500

Main Storage drive - 500gb 860 EVO

Archival/Backup drive - 2TB Black WD

Mouse: Logi M570 for work, and a G502 for gaming

PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650 80+ Gold

OS: And of course Win 10 Pro, because Linux ain't fully baked yet.

Monitors: (27in monitors)

TN - VG278Q @144hz 

IPS - VP279Q-P @60hz 

1 hour ago, szym3k said:

It's about what I'd expect from that game. Completely normal.

I experience the same thing in every open-world Ubisoft game I own.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

4 minutes ago, bleedblue said:

I experience the same thing in every open-world Ubisoft game I own.

Ubisoft and denuvo, = worst performance ever