New build - internet browsing error

Hi all,

2 days ago I upgraded from a 3770k cpu to a ryzen 2700x with a crosshair vii mobo and Samsung b die 3600 ram.

Booted fine using existing win10 install on Samsung sata ssd, could play overwatch, but found when I went to web browse with chrome it some times came up with SLL connection error or basic web layout. IE 11 was the same symptoms. I found the system clock was wrong time zone and resynced with a dns flush, same fault still.

I then unplugged all HDDs and used a boot usb to install a fresh copy of windows 10 on a new nvme ssd.  Loaded mother board drivers from CD, but same problem still. 

Windows isn't activated on the new install, I've tried going to the replaced hardware checkbox but it keeps erroring that it can't connect to the activation servers.

Running out of ideas if anyone can help what to try next thanks?

No ideas, but can I buy your 3770K? ?

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

4 minutes ago, mackspowers said:

Loaded mother board drivers from CD, but same problem still. 

That the problem. Drivers from the CD are outdated. I recommend going to the manufactures website and download the latest drivers.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Yup never use the supplied CD's

NEVER!

And just throw the manual right out, no need for that either. Its much funner IMHO to figure things out without one.

He can't get on the internet lol how can he download them? (ya use another computer). I'd start out by making sure you have internet by checking your modem and the proper lights are on. Worst case unplug the modem and try again. If you have a router in the mix I would then just connect straight to your modem first and see if that works. If that does work I would reset your router because maybe you changed something in the settings that you forgot about. Let me know if that works.

My Rig: CPU: i9-9900k (5Ghz), Ram: 32gigs 3600mhz DDR4 CL16, MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus z390 Ultra, HDD: Samsung 970 Evo 500gig x2, Samsung 850 evo 250 gig, 2 TB Baracuda 7200 rpm,6tb WD Black 7200rpm, 4TB NAS, GPU: Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Master

Hmm problem I have to go to the manufacturers website to download I need my web browser to be stable enough to get there.

Just now, Livinloud said:

He can't get on the internet lol how can he download them? (ya use another computer). I'd start out by making sure you have internet by checking your modem and the proper lights are on. Worst case unplug the modem and try again. If you have a router in the mix I would then just connect straight to your modem first and see if that works. If that does work I would reset your router because maybe you changed something in the settings that you forgot about. Let me know if that works.

Thanks I've tried restarting router sorry forgot to mention. No problem with other devices using this modem too.

Are the lights where the Ethernet cord is plugged in at on and flashing? (flashing means information is being transferred)

My Rig: CPU: i9-9900k (5Ghz), Ram: 32gigs 3600mhz DDR4 CL16, MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus z390 Ultra, HDD: Samsung 970 Evo 500gig x2, Samsung 850 evo 250 gig, 2 TB Baracuda 7200 rpm,6tb WD Black 7200rpm, 4TB NAS, GPU: Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Master

12 minutes ago, Livinloud said:

Are the lights where the Ethernet cord is plugged in at on and flashing? (flashing means information is being transferred)

Yes, and can ping ips no problem. It also sometimes will actually load the page, then it randomly fails on the next page

Tried another fresh windows reinstall, connecting via my phone with usb tethering on mobile data, still getting random SSL errors. Tried verifying windows, can't figure this one out.