csgo and general game questions

Hello

I'm planning on getting a new cpu cooler and case soon and I was wondering if this is the answer to my problems.

In CS:GO I have it on the lowest settings and when I put it on high settings my pc is fine for a bit then it starts to stutter, not so much lag, I'm at a solid 60-90 on high settings.

But will a new cpu cooler and a case benefit me in this way?

My current cpu cooler is stock and my case being a 8 year old thing with 1 80mm fan mount.

Thanks, Jem:)

Counter strike is probably on of the only games where it is preferable to play on low-medium settings.

Though I can't really talk as I play on an integrated graphics laptop haha.

It might be temps, but use something like Realtemp/Coretemp to check the CPU and EVGA Precison X/MSI Afterburner/Asus GPU tweak to check the GPU temp before doing anything else ;)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Case can benefit you in a better airflow and cable management, that´s it :)

And as far as I know, cooling should not cause stuttering. Unless Its really bad. I bet Its gonna be more of a CPU, GPU or Monitor problem.

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

I've just downloaded core temp and My tj max (whatever that means) is 83 and my max recorded temp just now was 82 :<

I've just downloaded core temp and My tj max (whatever that means) is 83 and my max recorded temp just now was 82 :<

Those are pretty common for stock coolers. New case will bring temps down about 5-10C depending on case and fan setup. Decent cooler will drop those temps to 50-60C, even on load. Hows GPU doing? And how much RAM you have?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Those are pretty common for stock coolers. New case will bring temps down about 5-10C depending on case and fan setup. Decent cooler will drop those temps to 50-60C, even on load. Hows GPU doing? And how much RAM you have?

Thanks, not sure on how to check my gpu but I'm running and HD6850 and 8GB ram

Thanks, not sure on how to check my gpu but I'm running and HD6850 and 8GB ram

Ok, then no problem with ram. You can monitor GPU load and temp with MSI afterburner or GPUZ.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv