Clearence for AIO?

Hello!
In July i upgraded my PC and bought an NHD-15 air cooler. Which I regret now, since it's not really pretty to look at. So i've come to the conclusion that i wanna buy an AIO but, i am not sure if there is room in my case. What would be the max. size for an AIO? Can you recommend any for my CPU, might overclock :)
The specs:
Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING
RAM: CMK16GX4M2B3000C15
CPU: i5-8600K
Graphics card: Asus strix 1070
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C
Thanks ❤️

1 hour ago, Benj1 said:

-

240 mm AIO if you want to top mount, 280 or 360 mm AIO if you don't mind front mounting. Anything bigger than a 280 mm AIO should outperform the NH-D15. Having said that the Meshify C has some length limitations so if you want to go stock, you should stick to the 240 mm AIO on the top.

Otherwise you have to get creative with your fan mounting in the front to clear the graphics card,

Yeah, Strix 1070 won't fit with the radiator in the front, so 240 at the top is the way to go I suppose. Just don't forget to get better fans, as most of stock fans leave a lot to be desired

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

3 hours ago, Benj1 said:

Hello!
In July i upgraded my PC and bought an NHD-15 air cooler. Which I regret now, since it's not really pretty to look at. So i've come to the conclusion that i wanna buy an AIO but, i am not sure if there is room in my case. What would be the max. size for an AIO? Can you recommend any for my CPU, might overclock :)
The specs:
Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING
RAM: CMK16GX4M2B3000C15
CPU: i5-8600K
Graphics card: Asus strix 1070
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C
Thanks ❤️

with that GPU you won't be able to do a front mounted radiator unless you're open to some modding.

check my bio for one of the ways to fit a strix card in the meshify c.

option 2: if you really want a front mounted radiator you can mount the fans outside the frame and have to cut some bits of the front panel: Click here for video

other than that the top supports 240/280

with that said tho i would go with a 240 instead of a 280 since clearance is a issue with the motherboard.

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

On 11/16/2018 at 5:01 PM, wildthing said:

with that GPU you won't be able to do a front mounted radiator unless you're open to some modding.

check my bio for one of the ways to fit a strix card in the meshify c.

option 2: if you really want a front mounted radiator you can mount the fans outside the frame and have to cut some bits of the front panel: Click here for video

other than that the top supports 240/280

with that said tho i would go with a 240 instead of a 280 since clearance is a issue with the motherboard.

Where in your bio is the other way? Can't seem to find it :)

27 minutes ago, Benj1 said:

Where in your bio is the other way? Can't seem to find it :)

i meant in my signature below, sorry

here's the link to it: Meshify C 1080ti ''strix''

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

2 hours ago, wildthing said:

i meant in my signature below, sorry

here's the link to it: Meshify C 1080ti ''strix''

Thanks for the link! Not sure if i'm up for the challenge tho :/
I think i'll go for a 240 mm AIO in the top then - but won't that have an impact on the temps?

I was thinking about getting an NZXT Kraken X52 to go with my hue+ AER fans and the strip. You think that would be good? :)
And btw, how long are your cables? I've been considering getting sleeved cables but weren't sure about the cables :)

2 hours ago, Benj1 said:

Thanks for the link! Not sure if i'm up for the challenge tho :/
I think i'll go for a 240 mm AIO in the top then - but won't that have an impact on the temps?

I was thinking about getting an NZXT Kraken X52 to go with my hue+ AER fans and the strip. You think that would be good? :)
And btw, how long are your cables? I've been considering getting sleeved cables but weren't sure about the cables :)

i think you will see the same temps with a 240mm compared to the D15.

i went with 600mm cable length, this is too long for this case but since i like to swap cases i always go for longer ones just in case my next case is bigger and longer cables are needed.

with that said i think in this case 450mm should be fine.

edit: if you want to be 110% sure get a cable or a wire and go from the 24pin to the PSU and you will have the length you need :) (same for your other cables of course 8pin eps and the pcie ones.

Since you got a D15, i'd sugest atleast a 280mm AIO, or preferably a 360mm.

240mm , depending on the exact one you get will be ether 'as good' or worse than the D15, and will most certanly be louder at the fan speeds you will need to match the D15.

Honestly the D15 is the better cooler, but if all u care about is asthetics, then sure grab any 240mm AIO u like the look of.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

15 hours ago, wildthing said:

i think you will see the same temps with a 240mm compared to the D15.

i went with 600mm cable length, this is too long for this case but since i like to swap cases i always go for longer ones just in case my next case is bigger and longer cables are needed.

with that said i think in this case 450mm should be fine.

edit: if you want to be 110% sure get a cable or a wire and go from the 24pin to the PSU and you will have the length you need :) (same for your other cables of course 8pin eps and the pcie ones.

Thanks! :)
With the Bitwit mod there, would i be able to fit a 240-280mm rad?