Video Playback Woes

Dreadlock T

Hello, pretty new to this. I have a HP Z800 workstation. Single Xeon e5620 chip, 24gb ram (ecc) and Radeon RX 550 GPU. I recently put this thing together in hopes of learning to edit video. I use a GoPro Hero4. Im shooting in both 4K and 1080p at low frame rates (Max of 30fps). The video plays nicely for about 10 seconds, and then starts glitching. Audio plays through uninterrupted, but the video starts and stops the rest of the way through. I hope that this is in the correct forum. I believe that my cpu/gpu are powerful enough to playback these videos, but maybe its a software issue? As of right now, there is no editing going on and playback is primarily through WIndows Media Player. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would like to increase frame rate, but right now it seems that it will just bog it down even worse. Thanks in advance.

First try with another video player. 1080p30 you can playback without issues. I don't think editing is issue either, but that depends on amount of GPU VRAM.

I don't know about 4k as I can't get any sample footage running with VLC and 1080p monitor. But your issue looks like it could be corrupted files.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

15 hours ago, Dreadlock T said:

snip

the cpu and gpu should be fine

id say try using mpv https://mpv.io/

i switched over to it from vlc a while back since i found it alot more stable with 4k videos