WIFI Range Extender recommendation

argoxp

Hello all!

I Currently own a TP Link RE1000 (very old) and im looking to upgrade, my problem with my current range extender is that whenever I use my microwave my TV gets disconnected XD , and if I want to download something from my laptop , YT starts to degrade and im guessing its because of my RE bandwidth.

So any recommendations? I would also like to spend 60 USD tops.

Thank you all! 

13 minutes ago, argoxp said:

Hello all!

I Currently own a TP Link RE1000 (very old) and im looking to upgrade, my problem with my current range extender is that whenever I use my microwave my TV gets disconnected XD , and if I want to download something from my laptop , YT starts to degrade and im guessing its because of my RE bandwidth.

So any recommendations? I would also like to spend 60 USD tops.

Thank you all! 

How old is your wiring in your home?

1 minute ago, Wwadsworth said:

How old is your wiring in your home?

Sorry, my english is terrible, but if you mean my Internet connection its fiber optic 100/100mbps , if you mean my electric system its at leas 30 y/o.

Just now, argoxp said:

Sorry, my english is terrible, but if you mean my Internet connection its fiber optic 100/100mbps , if you mean my electric system its at leas 30 y/o.

The few range extenders I have in mind may not work but look into getting ethernet over power adapter with Wi-Fi range extending in your area. Are you in the US? If so something like this:

TP-Link AV600 Powerline WiFi Extender - Powerline Adapter with N300 WiFi, Power Saving, Ethernet over Power(TL-WPA4220 KIT) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HSQAIQU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_Mcp7BbF4D81CJ

I used this in a home I rented but now I'm in an apartment complex and it is super muggy so I just gpt a 100 foot flat cat 6 and ran it into my room for direct connection to a spare router that I turned into a second hub.

2 minutes ago, Wwadsworth said:

The few range extenders I have in mind may not work but look into getting ethernet over power adapter with Wi-Fi range extending in your area. Are you in the US? If so something like this:

TP-Link AV600 Powerline WiFi Extender - Powerline Adapter with N300 WiFi, Power Saving, Ethernet over Power(TL-WPA4220 KIT) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HSQAIQU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_Mcp7BbF4D81CJ

I used this in a home I rented but now I'm in an apartment complex and it is super muggy so I just gpt a 100 foot flat cat 6 and ran it into my room for direct connection to a spare router that I turned into a second hub.

Wow.. Didn't even knew that was possible already. Im gonna try it out.

Tvm for your help sir! 

6 minutes ago, argoxp said:

Wow.. Didn't even knew that was possible already. Im gonna try it out.

Tvm for your help sir! 

You're welcome. What is your living situation like? Are you renting?

(I am sorry if that was a sensitive question)

Just now, Wwadsworth said:

You're welcome. What is your living situation like? Are you renting?

No sir, I own the house, two story with thick unforgiving concrete walls.

1 minute ago, argoxp said:

No sir, I own the house, two story with thick unforgiving concrete walls.

Have you ever thought about running a network cable? Hiding it in trim os something I do and it works really well in those situations. Something to look into maybe at a later time? Cost me in my moms hpme (brick 1940's) around 14 hours in labor and $150 in product.