Having problems with libraries in InteliJ Idea

Merkey

So I've been learning JSP for a few weeks and haven't had any problems at all, I am using InteliJ Idea Ultimate. I tried to use JSTL tags in a simple project:

<%@ page contentType="text/html;charset=UTF-8" language="java" %>
<%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" %>
<html>
  <head>
    <title>JSTL Test</title>
  </head>
  <body>
<p><c:forEach var="i" begin="1" end="5">
    Item<br>
</c:forEach></p>
  </body>
</html>

But when I run the file on Tomcat server, I get HTTP Status 500 - Internal Server error, org.apache.jasper.JasperException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.jsp.index_jsp. I included the whole taglib folder I downloaded from official Apache website in External libraries and specified it in module dependencies, but I'm still getting the error. Is there any solution or would it be better to use java scriplets instead?

Screen 1.PNG

First of all, I really would not recommend learning jsp for java, as it is really outdated and verbose. Consider looking into Java Spring(Using thymeleaf for the html) or JavaEE. You should manage your dependencies with gradle

On 11/20/2018 at 4:34 AM, probE466 said:

First of all, I really would not recommend learning jsp for java, as it is really outdated and verbose. Consider looking into Java Spring(Using thymeleaf for the html) or JavaEE. You should manage your dependencies with gradle

Is JSP outdated? I've heard that learning JSP or servlets is essential to understand the MVC architecture(which I am trying to learn)...

JSP is not really worth learning when you can do a much cleaner (imho) divide of the mvc with spring + thymeleaf. Its mixing java and html. Ugly.

MVC is not just related to the web. Your local ATM uses MVC.

Sudo make me a sandwich