EKWB GPU Visual compatibility

daimonie

Hey LTT forum,

The only RTX 2070 listed on the EKWB website is the  ASUS Turbo GeForce RTX 2070, TURBO-RTX2070-8G, 8GB GDDR6 (90YV0C80-M0NA00) https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/step1_complist?gpu_gpus=4136

It is listed as visually compatible: "EK have visually inspected the hardware and checked for compatibility with specific EK product (typically with internet images and CAD programm)."

I have my doubts whether or not I think this is sufficient. From what I can find, they used submitted pictures of the PCB to compare it to the reference PCB (of the 2080). I assume this means that everything that needs a thermal pad or paste is in the right place (on the pictures).

I would like some second opinions :)

it looks like the 2070 and 2080 have very similar layouts on their PCBs, with the 2080ti being wildly different. That being said, some manufacturers, like evga, stray away from the reference pcb & make their own layout. 

The 2070 hasn't been out too long, and ekwb may have plans for releasing it's own block for it, if the 2080 block isn't compatible. I would wait a little bit longer until more info comes out