Is that a problem that windows 10 use Microsoft storage spaces controller for hardware raid 0 ?

Hi everyone,

This is the first time I managed (3rd time to try) to set up hardware raid (0) on my new Ryzen system (Gigabyte X470 ultra gaming mobo, Ryzen 7 2700X cpu, Gigabyte Gforce RTX 2070 Windforce 8Gb ddr6 video card,  16 Gb G.Skill Trident Z Rgb ddr4 3200 cl14 Ram, Samsung 970 Pro Nvme 512 Gb ssd) after reading some instructions and watching some videos on you tube. I used 2 x WD Red 2Tb Hdd-s for the Raid 0 setup. The operating system is of course on the SSD, which I had to re-install from scratch-it isn't a big deal for me. I'm still not sure if everything is working as it should, hence my question: Is that normal that in device manager under Storege Controllers I not only see AMD devices, but also a Microsoft Storege Spaces Controller? Isn't that also supposed to be from AMD?(Sorry if the question is kind of dumb, I'm new to the topic) If it is a problem, is there a way to fix it?

Another thing I don't know: how should I configure the raid array during setup? I mean I have to choose a "cachetag size" that can be 64kb, 128 kb or 256kb, and there is a "read cache policy" and a "write cache policy" which both can be on or off.

Could anyone tell me what to choose to have the best performance for a data drive(sequential read and write are the priority for me)?

Right now both read and write cache policy is turned off, and I use the 128kb cachetag size and I'm getting around 250-280 mb/s read and write speeds.

Is there a way to improve that speed or it will be around the same no matter the settings?

Thanks for the answers in advence,

McPici

1784370419_Screenshot(7)_LI.jpg.90b5fc1fcef0c3b1959a8f777c40d64a.jpg

I have a WD Red 2TB drive and I get about 130 - 140 MB/s reads and writes, so your results are inline if you multiply that by 2 (2 * 130 = 260).

Write Caching and Read Caching should be turned on if you have a UPS or something to protect against power outages since data in the cache that hasn't yet been written to disk will be lost if the power goes out.

The higher the cachetag size, the better performance you should get, but the differences are extremely little and I would stick with the default.

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM