Can't get virtual surround working in Tidal

Hello,

3 weeks ago i started using Tidal instead of Spotify, but i have 1 problem: i can't get virtual surround working on Dolby home theater V4

All the other options in Dolby home theater V4 are working normally

I try tried all the bitrates my soundcard supports and i can't think of something else

anybody tips that i can try?

Naamloos.png

What sound device are using?  What playback device is TIDAL set to use?

It's possible that TIDAL is routing sound in a way that bypasses the way Windows applies third party filtering such as using an ASIO driver.  It's also possible that if you're trying to playback content that exceeds 48 kHz the filters no longer work correctly (I encountered this once with Dolby/DTS filters with one of my sound cards as the DSP doesn't support all bitrates).

Tidal is smart enough to block Virtual surround software because it sucks and NO ONE should use it under ANY circumstances.

1 minute ago, Max_Settings said:

Tidal is smart enough to block Virtual surround software because it sucks and NO ONE should use it under ANY circumstances.

i use it on my surround set (5.0) and sometimes i feel like listening in surround... so why not? :P

1 hour ago, ShredBird said:

What sound device are using?  What playback device is TIDAL set to use?

It's possible that TIDAL is routing sound in a way that bypasses the way Windows applies third party filtering such as using an ASIO driver.  It's also possible that if you're trying to playback content that exceeds 48 kHz the filters no longer work correctly (I encountered this once with Dolby/DTS filters with one of my sound cards as the DSP doesn't support all bitrates).

i a'm running a Asus Xonar Phoebus, I have Equalizer APO running and that still works with Tidal

1 hour ago, Max_Settings said:

Elitist much?

Although I mostly agree that listening to something as recorded is the best way, I have had some pretty surreal sounding experiences using some surround filters.  To each their own.