No Power On - AsRock B450 + 2200g

coreyT

Hello All! So this is the first time I've ever needed assistance trouble shooting a PC, and I'm leaning towards "The CPU is dead" but I've never had that issue, and I wouldn't think it'd cause NOTHING to happen. No fans, no lights, PSU doesn't go anywhere. 

HARDWARE

AsRock b450 am4 pro4

Ryzen 3 2200g

Ram: Geil amd adition ram 

everything else: doesn't matter, not using right now

I did all the basic trouble shooting steps AND have already RMA'd the motherboard. 

1. PSUs work fine, used for other builds and tested with paperclip. 
1a. I used two PSUs to check this problem. 

INFO:
RAM: Shouldn't affect the system powering on, but will not boot with/without it
HDD: None attached, no affect with one attached. 
Board: At first I RMAd the board as nothing I did helped. I have tried shorting the power SW, and using the case switch. I have tried with/without the 8pin connector. 
CPU: No way to see if this works/doesn't work. Removing the CPU (2200g) does not cause it to power on. Installing it + no heat sink doesn't work, with heat sink same story. 

I have removed the CMOS battery/replaced it on both boards and that didn't help.

Would a board need a CPU to boot up? If the CPU is dead will the board fail to even turn on? The PSU shows no signs of cycling, and stays off the whole time through out all of this. 

Thank you very much!

Did you turn the power switch of the PSU on? I've had some facepalm moments like that before.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Did you turn the power switch of the PSU on? I've had some facepalm moments like that before.

Yes :P. I've done that in the past before. Never again!