does a fuzeblow damage your system?

Bayonett Priest

im building a pc right now and i wanted to ask(it happened) if the fuze blows on a pretest does that damage the components? it happened when the cables from the powersupply are connected to the parts and teh powersupply with the plug and wheni switched the powersupply to on it caused a fuzeblow!

CPU: Intel I9-9900K Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus XI CODE RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance PRO 3200MHZ GPU: Asus ROG 2080ti OC Storage: Samsung 970pro 2x1TB, 2Tb HDD Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling:custom loop incoming, for now 360 rog ryujin!

Optimally, no.

Potentially, yes.

I'm actually really surprised that a fuse blew. Most modern power supplies that I know will simply turn off when they detect a short. (Or refuse to start whatsoever.)

Just now, corrado33 said:

Optimally, no.

Potentially, yes.

I'm actually really surprised that a fuse blew. Most modern power supplies that I know will simply turn off when they detect a short. (Or refuse to start whatsoever.) 

when i switched it on it went dark immediatly! turned it back on in the fuzebox and when i started my motehrboard it showed errorcode A2

CPU: Intel I9-9900K Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus XI CODE RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance PRO 3200MHZ GPU: Asus ROG 2080ti OC Storage: Samsung 970pro 2x1TB, 2Tb HDD Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling:custom loop incoming, for now 360 rog ryujin!

Just now, Bayonett Priest said:

when i switched it on it went dark immediatly! turned it back on in the fuzebox and when i started my motehrboard it showed errorcode A2

OHHHH your BREAKER blew. No that's fine. Usually just means that you put too many things plugged into one outlet. 

OHHHH your BREAKER blew. No that's fine. Usually just means that you put too many things plugged into one outlet. 

not realy first there is a extender then a 6Xmultiplug with only the psu connected! on a otehr outlet in have a 6xmultiplug with my other pc, speakers and 2 monitors!

dont know the cause of this!

could the plug itself be the problem?

1 minute ago, Bayonett Priest said:

not realy first there is a extender then a 6Xmultiplug with only the psu connected! on a otehr outlet in have a 6xmultiplug with my other pc, speakers and 2 monitors!

dont know the cause of this!

could the plug itself be the problem?

Is it an old house? Both plugs run on the same breaker. I'm guessing your other computer turned off when the breaker blew? 

Is it an old house? Both plugs run on the same breaker. I'm guessing your other computer turned off when the breaker blew? 

yup everything went dark in my room! and i dont know how old my house is but the breaker blew pultiple times( sidenote the kitchen and my room run on the same breaker) before when my pc was on and my grandma was pluging in a  portable oven it blew the breaker! we once had a different portable oven and no blewing , never! should i let a electritian check?

and are you sure my parts are ok? i pluged the psu into a Powerstrip with overvoltage-protection

Is the psu busted or my plug? im scared to test it again!

3 minutes ago, Bayonett Priest said:

yup everything went dark in my room! and i dont know how old my house is but the breaker blew pultiple times( sidenote the kitchen and my room run on the same breaker) before when my pc was on and my grandma was pluging in a  portable oven it blew the breaker! we once had a different portable oven and no blewing , never! should i let a electritian check?

and are you sure my parts are ok? i pluged the psu into a Powerstrip with overvoltage-protection

Is the psu busted or my plug? im scared to test it again!

Yeah it seems your house is badly wired. What I would suggest is to turn that breaker off, then go find a plug that works. Then use an extension cord to plug your computer into that plug, because it'll be using a different breaker. 

14 hours ago, corrado33 said:

Yeah it seems your house is badly wired. What I would suggest is to turn that breaker off, then go find a plug that works. Then use an extension cord to plug your computer into that plug, because it'll be using a different breaker.  

then i would have to use a plus in a different room and then have ti wire through the door or drill a hole! well shit!

but this fuzeblow isnt the cause of errorcode A2 or?

but i had a pc,2 monitors,speaker,, tv, xbox one on at teh same time AND when it happened i unplugged the tv and console and my old pc was off and it still did happen

I don't know what the errorcode is about. It could just be an "incorrect shutdown". You'll have to look up the error in your motherboard's manual or on the manufacturer's website. 

And yes, the plug will likely be in another room. I was in the same situation. Half of my kitchen and my living room are on one breaker. That breaker does NOT support multiple high power computers + a microwave well. 

So I ran a really long (and thick) extension cord into another room. :)

I don't know what the errorcode is about. It could just be an "incorrect shutdown". You'll have to look up the error in your motherboard's manual or on the manufacturer's website. 

And yes, the plug will likely be in another room. I was in the same situation. Half of my kitchen and my living room are on one breaker. That breaker does NOT support multiple high power computers + a microwave well. 

So I ran a really long (and thick) extension cord into another room. :)

but with everithing i know im still scared to use the psu to test my pc in fear that the psu is DOA

If you check you motherboard manual it should have all error codes available, also on the website. The PSU can't be DOA because it tripped the breaker. You are are just pulling too many Amps on that breaker. Typical household breakers are 15 or 20 amp. If your's is a 15 that would explain why so little electronics would trip. Remember you have to calculate any lights and fans into your power/amp draw. PSU's are all QC to make sure they only output the correct voltage so there should never be any issue with damage to your MOBO. I had the same issue at my first apartment. Just get an extension cord such as 1625W 13 amp and plug it into a socket on a different breaker. 

1 hour ago, insainejaguar said:

If you check you motherboard manual it should have all error codes available, also on the website. The PSU can't be DOA because it tripped the breaker. You are are just pulling too many Amps on that breaker. Typical household breakers are 15 or 20 amp. If your's is a 15 that would explain why so little electronics would trip. Remember you have to calculate any lights and fans into your power/amp draw. PSU's are all QC to make sure they only output the correct voltage so there should never be any issue with damage to your MOBO. I had the same issue at my first apartment. Just get an extension cord such as 1625W 13 amp and plug it into a socket on a different breaker. 

i looked its  16a

is it only cause i have 2pc on one breaker?

cause i could for the time being use extention to get power from a other breaker and when the transfer is complete just hook my new pc to the breaker in my room. when i pretested my system i once did it with the old pc on and one time with the pc off, but ididnt turn off the switch on my old pc so it still draw power that could be the reason right? besides my old pc is hookes to a very old powerstrip!

the new one has overvoltageprotection so frying my pc is not that likely right?

A breaker shutting off is the same as if you unplugged a running pc, there is no more electricity running to it. The reason the breaker tripped is because your current draw is too high. You need to separate the load or have an electrician upgrade the house (if possible).