Pc doesn't give signal to my screen

Hello out there. I am fixing my friends pc and now after I fixed the problem another problem now came. The problem is When i put the power plug in it. It turns on but it doesn't give signal to my pc screen. I also can't push the power button to turn it off. Any of you know what the problem is????? :)

Just remembered thai i had the bios/cmos battery out, for about 10 min. Dont know if that is a problem. :S

Can you please give us some more information about the computer?
Well its a HD5670 GPU, AM 2 socket dont know the CPU name and the RAM is hp 459932-001 and KVR667D2N5/2G.

make sure the CPU 4 or 8 pin power cable is plugged in correctly, i made that mistake on my brothers build

Tried doing a CMOS reset to see if it works? You should also check your power connections to see if all the connections are plugged in properly.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Tried doing a CMOS reset to see if it works? You should also check your power connections to see if all the connections are plugged in properly.
how is it you make a CMOS reset?? probably going to google it but still.

By having the battery taken out, you probably already did clear the CMOS. Try unplugging the PSU, and pushing the power button half a second later to discharge the computer. Then, take the battery out of the motherboard, or keep it out if you already took it out, and leave the computer off for 10 min. This will clear the CMOS. Afterwards, replace battery, plug the PSU back in and turn it on. Does the motherboard have a beeping speaker connected to it to diagnose the problem?

yes it does have a beeping speaker but i have no idea how to diagnose the problem with it?

When you turn on the computer, you hear how what short or long beep it makes and use this guide to see what error your computer is producing: www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/106845-how-to-interpret-computer-error-beep-codes/

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

your VGA adapter might be to blame, test your cable with adapter on another PC with similar

DVI output. those adapters are not reliable..

airdeano

Like airdeano said, try removing the VGA adapter and use another cable with your supported gpu outputs without using the adapter and see if it works. I had a gpu that didn't give signal when it was plugged into an adapter. But when I removed the adapter and changed the cable to the supported output without any adapters, it booted up and I realized that my gpu was broken because there were artefacts in the video.

Like airdeano said, try removing the VGA adapter and use another cable with your supported gpu outputs without using the adapter and see if it works. I had a gpu that didn't give signal when it was plugged into an adapter. But when I removed the adapter and changed the cable to the supported output without any adapters, it booted up and I realized that my gpu was broken because there were artefacts in the video.
I have tried that it did not help. :)

well you got lil to no options..

either you have no PSU power to card,

bad VGA calbe/dongle,

PCIe slot is defective or off,

or defective card.

airdeano

well you got lil to no options..

either you have no PSU power to card,

bad VGA calbe/dongle,

PCIe slot is defective or off,

or defective card.

airdeano

Well all of it works it just doesn't work together.

Did you try unplugging the psu cable and waiting a while to drain all the power from the computer and re plugging it back in and pressing the power button to boot it? Did you try a different PCI-E slot if your motherboard supports it? The computer shouldn't boot through my experience by just plugging it in. Are you sure that nothing is shorting the front panel io like dust or metal?