No video signal from either cpu or gpu

Jau jau
Go to solution Solved by Jau jau,

I managed to fix it, kind of accidentally. I went to double check if the cpu was compatible, and I saw that I didn’t have the bios that was the latest for the 2600. So just updated it and now it works

So i just got my new cpu today. I had the ryzen 3 2200g and switched it to a ryzen 5 2600 today, so when I tried to power on the pc all the fans worked except the gpu fans that shut down after a few seconds, but I could not get a display from it. I tried DisplayPort, HDMI, DVI and nothing. Then I tried to connect it to the mobo, but still no display. I even tried to connect an old gpu, but with no luck

Specs:

ASUS prime B350M-K

Amd Ryzen 5 2600

HyperX Fury 2400MHz 8 GB

650W power supply

Asus Gtx 1070 8GB

Well, the 2600 doesn't have a gpu so it can't display anything. I'd say put the 2200g back in and remove and then reinstall drivers, plus maybe reseat the card/check if the power cables are still connected.

There's no igpu on the r5 2600, you have to uninstall your old radeon drivers before the nvidia gpu will work, if you still have the 2200g, put that pack and run ddu https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html to remove the display drivers, then shut the pc off and swap the r5 and the 1070 in and it should theoretically work

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

Well, like a week ago I uninstalled the amd drivers, so I don’t think that’s the problem, but I can try. Since it’s only for like a couple of minutes, do I have to reapply thermal paste to the old cpu?

5 minutes ago, Jau jau said:

Well, like a week ago I uninstalled the amd drivers, so I don’t think that’s the problem, but I can try. Since it’s only for like a couple of minutes, do I have to reapply thermal paste to the old cpu?

Not if theres thermal paste on it, but if it's a dry cpu, of course

My current rig:

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

1 hour ago, hconverse02 said:

There's no igpu on the r5 2600, you have to uninstall your old radeon drivers before the nvidia gpu will work, if you still have the 2200g, put that pack and run ddu https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html to remove the display drivers, then shut the pc off and swap the r5 and the 1070 in and it should theoretically work

Ok, so I used the program, uninstalled all the drivers, plugged the ryzen 5 back in, but still the same problem.. what could be the reason, and what can I do to fix it?

2 hours ago, Jau jau said:

Ok, so I used the program, uninstalled all the drivers, plugged the ryzen 5 back in, but still the same problem.. what could be the reason, and what can I do to fix it?

I mean I have no clue what your specific problem is, there's no igpu on the r5, so if by plugged the r5 back in you mean that and the 1070, then idk what the problem is.  One thing for you to know is that you cannot display without a gpu on ryzen (so the motherboard hdmi port is useless)

My current rig:

I managed to fix it, kind of accidentally. I went to double check if the cpu was compatible, and I saw that I didn’t have the bios that was the latest for the 2600. So just updated it and now it works