Raid 0 array dissapears and is back on boot up

Drethstoff

I currently have a Highpoint Rocketraid 2720sgl with 3 128gig samsung 840 pros in raid 0. The drive was fine until one day I was playing a game and the power went out. Since then the drive has been cutting out. It seems to only happen on the first boot up after the computer has been shutdown for a few hours (sometimes its fine). I don't recall it ever happening when the computer has been restarted after the drive decided it was time to take a vacation and rebooting the rig. The raid card and the drives are always detected during boot up. I don't have any problems with speed or any programs failing to launch when the drive is seen by windows. However, if the drive dissapears when I'm not doing anything the computer freezes when I try and shut it down. After so many times of it dissapearing it will perform a disk check on the drive. This has been a continuous cycle since the power went out. It will sometimes make sounds that are like coil whine and generally thats a good sign its gonna drop out. Anyone have any ideas?

I haven't removed the raid card and reinstalled the drivers and made a new raid. I'm trying to avoid that option but it might be the only way.

It is not the boot drive.

I think it is your only option. Get it running then make a backup of the data. Re do the raid volume and put the files back on.

I think it is your only option. Get it running then make a backup of the data. Re do the raid volume and put the files back on.

Yeah I had the sad feeling that was gonna be my only option.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Its cool. I wasn't expecting much just hoping for some miracle. Like Fix-a-Raid software or something lol.

Its cool. I wasn't expecting much just hoping for some miracle. Like Fix-a-Raid software or something lol.

Someone should do that.