Reliable 6TB drive

Casterina

I'm looking for a reliable 6TB drive mainly for movies and files that will be used in a hard drive enclosure and the drive will be powered off when it is not in use but I'm not sure whether to get the WD Blue/Red, Seagate Barracuda/IronWolf or Toshiba, what do you guys recommend?

Toshiba drives are pretty reliable. I have also found Hitachi(HGST) drives to be very reliable too. 

BTW, a lot of toshiba drives are actually Hitachi drives. There are some differences but they are basically the same drive. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

On 11/7/2018 at 6:40 PM, PC Pig said:

On 11/7/2018 at 11:40 PM, Lord Xeb said:

Toshiba drives are pretty reliable. I have also found Hitachi(HGST) drives to be very reliable too. 

BTW, a lot of toshiba drives are actually Hitachi drives. There are some differences but they are basically the same drive. 

Toshiba drives are 7200RPM which can be quite noisy, do I need that fast for movies?

Well, movies don't really take advantage of faster transfer rates, I mean, the movie doesn't know if it is installed in one HDD or SSD or SSHD or in a DVD, it just plays the same way and resolution keeps the same, characters don't move any better and so on, you name it. Same thing when video gaming, what will happen is that the movie player or video game will load faster but that's pretty much it... 

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

5 hours ago, Casterina said:

Toshiba drives are 7200RPM which can be quite noisy, do I need that fast for movies?

You do not necessarily need 7200 rpm hard drive.
I have five Toshiba hard drives and I can assure you they are not noisy.