Were to download 4K content?

EnergyEclipse
Go to solution Solved by SupaKomputa,

Hello,

I look at lot in retail stores at the spectacular LG OLED 4K TVs, and the videos that are used to demonstrate look phenomenally crystal clear and sharp. Especially one in which involves the camera panning beneath tapestrys on the roof of a palace.

YouTube's compression and my slightly inadequate internet speeds means that streaming 4K content doesn't look great on my UHD QLED Monitor. For that reason, would anyone know somewhere in which I can download UHD demonstration files?

Kind regards

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

There's some 8K footage on YouTube, and if it's anything like 4K -> 1080p, using that scaled down would look pretty decent and would definitely be an improvement over the native res files. The higher bitrate keeps it clearer and you effectively cancel out the chroma subsampling

Another option would be to run some game benchmarks or other demos live so it's not even a video, and thus optimum quality is achieved.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

3 minutes ago, EnergyEclipse said:

The videos are huge! Hong Kong is >13GB!

And hard to play too xD

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

5 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

There's some 8K footage on YouTube, and if it's anything like 4K -> 1080p, using that scaled down would look pretty decent and would definitely be an improvement over the native res files. The higher bitrate keeps it clearer and you effectively cancel out the chroma subsampling

Another option would be to run some game benchmarks or other demos live so it's not even a video, and thus optimum quality is achieved.

I have tried doing such, certainly better than YouTube's '4K', however it is still quite underwhelming. Harmonic (Despite the nutty install sizes!) looks brilliant and I'll be using that unless YouTube or my internet improves 

Thank you for your reply :D

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again