Iphones and its restrictions

WhiteWulfe

So iphone intrigue me a bit. This coming from a hardcore android user. The amount of RAM they have pales in comparison to what androids have, as well as the screens. I think it's the allure of the simple, universal OS that really draws me in. Not to mention the updates for years after getting a phone from them. Are there ways around using emulators on the iphone...say 8, without having to jailbreak it? Like u know pulling the games I already own from the device, and then installing whatever games i want on my phone? Besides the updates and such though, what makes people want an iphone over an android phone that's more powerful, at least on paper, such as the Samsung Galaxy s9? Here's my personal use of the phone i have currently. I game on it, on a daily basis, utilizing my emulator of choice, as well as playing various games from the google play store. I also use the camera quite a bit on it. Currently using the Moto g4 plus btw. I could care less about all of the more gimmicky things, such as "3d facial recognition", or even something as simple as an emote. Sorry a lot of ?'s peeps. Just need some answers. 

im pretty sure there are emualter apps in the app store you dont need to jailbreak to use, but I dont game on my phone

Very limited gaming on iphones. I would never recommend going for apple products. They always remove features so that they can sell you adapters and they literally lie to your face about repairs 90% of the time. They will almost always suggest getting a new phone or laptop entirely if you have an issue or they will quote you something outrageous. My current iphone has had the screen replaced five times, the home button doesn't work, and the charging port is on it's way out. Get the pixel 3, galaxy, or note 9. 

2 hours ago, Cigano said:

Very limited gaming on iphones. I would never recommend going for apple products. They always remove features so that they can sell you adapters and they literally lie to your face about repairs 90% of the time. They will almost always suggest getting a new phone or laptop entirely if you have an issue or they will quote you something outrageous. My current iphone has had the screen replaced five times, the home button doesn't work, and the charging port is on it's way out. Get the pixel 3, galaxy, or note 9. 

Yeah looking into the oneplus 6t through t mobile currently. Save a few hundreddollars, and don't have to deal with that annoying bixby button on the galaxies lol. 

11 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Besides the updates and such though, what makes people want an iphone over an android phone that's more powerful, at least on paper, such as the Samsung Galaxy s9?

The beauty of iPhones is that you don't have to care about the hardware specifications. Any somewhat modern iPhone will be able to run just about any app from the App Store and the latest version of iOS smoothly, so there's simply no reason to care. You're paying for a good user experience, and Apple makes sure to provide one with well-optimized code. 

11 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Here's my personal use of the phone i have currently. I game on it, on a daily basis, utilizing my emulator of choice, as well as playing various games from the google play store.

Gaming shouldn't be a problem on any recent iPhone, and I'd even bet you're going to have a better time on iOS due to a wider selection of games and a higher standard of optimization. Emulators aren't available without a jailbreak I believe, at least not to my knowledge.