Corsair K55 RGB iCue Issues

MrPhantastic

Hi,

Having an issue with the k55 rgb and iCUE. Everytime I open up icue, select the keyboard, and then select lighting effects, the program crashes of closes unexpectedly. However, if I do the same thing, but instead try to change the colors of my mouse everything works as expected. I just can't edit the keyboard lighting from the program. Help please!! Thank you :)

• 2 months later...

I am having the same problem. Any solutions yet ?

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having the same issue since the iCue update to 3.08.xxx. It seems that the iCue update requires firmware updates to some peripherals, and the K55's firmware cannot be upgraded, causing it to crash. I can still set macros/key maps on the K55, and my Scimitar mouse and Void Pro headset still have all iCue functionality with no crashing. It seems to only affect the RGB setting in iCue for the K55. If you want to change the RGB on the K55 I'd probably suggest just using the built in shortcut (Fn + Num Key) to access the presets. Doubt they issue a fix anytime soon, with the K55 being a lower end/budget product. There are several posts over on the Corsair forums, so if we raise enough of a stink, they may escalate the issue.