1080p Gaming

Jaydelta88

Hello guys,

I know, many are going to say: Its obviously the PC wins. Its not about "master race" but more for a idea.

I work at EMS so I have some night shifts that are good for watching movies at dead times. BUT I love gaming at home. I do not own any 4K yet but I have a decent good 27" Dell monitor 1080p with great sound bar.

I wanna ask, since the prices here in europe are diferent from the states...

Should I choose the PC (would be a i5 with a GTX 1070Ti) or a Console XBOX One X (at moment priced dropped alote) with a Laptop Lenovo Y520 (with a GTX 1050Ti)?!

I know, the question is strange. I have better graphics and frames on PC but doesn´t matter having more the 60 because the refreshrate is 60Hz on the monitor  so... will it be a HUGE diference from PC to Console or?

In case I choose PC I have to invest more 200€ for a Tablet since in terms of costs the PC vs Console + Laptop are about the same.

So I don´t wanna lose much of graphics, I do love Horizon 4 for example, and I like BF4... some other causal gaming like GTA V (had it on PC in the past but I lost my account).

What would u do based on what I said, I know its just a "opinion" quest

Thanks for ur reply and answer in advance.

Just now, Raskolnikov said:

If you get a console I'd get a PS4.

Xbox exclusives suck.

Well in my country there ar emore exclusives for the PS4 (in our language and so) I know Sony beats  but I already played every exclusive...  

Like more the XBOX controller and price here for the PS4 Pro is the same as the X...  so...  And I don´t like the PS Plus service, it sucks!

BUT thanks for the reply! always welcome!

I'd probably stick with gaming PC myself.  

But.. It's mostly going to come down to the games you want to play.

If you missed a bunch of the Xbox 360 generation exclusives you can catch up on a bunch of them with your Xbox One X.  Not all previous gen games are compatible but they keep adding more and I think they get a good boost with the One X.

You could also subscribe to Gold (get free games each month) and subscribe to game pass which will give you instant access to a pretty large group of games (it's like netflix though, so new games each month and sometimes other will drop out).

Keep in mind, most (or maybe all) upcoming first party Xbox titles are Xbox Play Anywhere meaning they'll play on your PC as well.

13 minutes ago, Majinhoju said:

I'd probably stick with gaming PC myself.  

But.. It's mostly going to come down to the games you want to play.

If you missed a bunch of the Xbox 360 generation exclusives you can catch up on a bunch of them with your Xbox One X.  Not all previous gen games are compatible but they keep adding more and I think they get a good boost with the One X.

You could also subscribe to Gold (get free games each month) and subscribe to game pass which will give you instant access to a pretty large group of games (it's like netflix though, so new games each month and sometimes other will drop out).

Keep in mind, most (or maybe all) upcoming first party Xbox titles are Xbox Play Anywhere meaning they'll play on your PC as well.

For real? U mean that many games are gona be "play anywhere?"

Ye I usual use EA Acess and other subscriptions to have free games...

?

I believe that's their plan.  Keep in mind they haven't been releasing a whole lot of exclusive titles lately but most or all first party exclusives going forward should remain "play anywhere" titles.  It's planned for Halo Infinite, Gears 5, Crackdown 3 etc...

35 minutes ago, Majinhoju said:

I believe that's their plan.  Keep in mind they haven't been releasing a whole lot of exclusive titles lately but most or all first party exclusives going forward should remain "play anywhere" titles.  It's planned for Halo Infinite, Gears 5, Crackdown 3 etc...

I usualy play online only horizon 4 and gta v/ or bf4.... maybe bf5 in the future....

Singleplayer games I only play once and I sell it (in case of console ofc) but in case of PC I don´t buy them, if u know what I mean,

I did in the past played horizon 3 with a friend and he was on PC side, I was on XBOX XS....  was funny... they should do the same to EA games... that would be alote better!

I have a PS4 (not a pro) (both gamer and console jk) and after sony comes out with the next console, I'm personally switching to PC. Now, this is mainly coming from a guy who's going to be married soon and I mostly like campaign only games. On PC you'll keep games longer than a console, but if you're focus is gaming online with friends, chances are, they have a console as well over PC and I'd probably choose that instead. idk just my thoughts. 

42 minutes ago, MATTUBL said:

I have a PS4 (not a pro) (both gamer and console jk) and after sony comes out with the next console, I'm personally switching to PC. Now, this is mainly coming from a guy who's going to be married soon and I mostly like campaign only games. On PC you'll keep games longer than a console, but if you're focus is gaming online with friends, chances are, they have a console as well over PC and I'd probably choose that instead. idk just my thoughts. 

Ye u made a good point here.

I don´t have friends to play online, just a friend who plays some games with me like Horizon 4.

That friend told me to go to PC and wait for the PS5 since Sony is going to release some in the next 2 years. Maybe u are right... I mean... I can play most games and ye a GTX 1070Ti will play every game at more then 60 FPS at 1080p thats for sure...

On 11/2/2018 at 3:03 AM, Jaydelta88 said:

I wanna ask, since the prices here in europe are diferent from the states...

Should I choose the PC (would be a i5 with a GTX 1070Ti) or a Console XBOX One X (at moment priced dropped alote) with a Laptop Lenovo Y520 (with a GTX 1050Ti)?!

Not the XBox, I have one and, well, lets say there is much room and it combines the worst of both worlds.

Compared to PS4 the XBox one X doesn't come with Bluetooth, no HDMI CEC and other the worst thing: No (exclusive) games that are worth it.

While the PS4 has Spider-Man, Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War and some other stuff...

But if you don't have a gaming PC, get a PC first, console second for stuff that doesn't work on PC or is best played with Controller anyway (Ni No Kuni, Red Dead Redemption 2)...

On 11/2/2018 at 3:03 AM, Jaydelta88 said:

So I don´t wanna lose much of graphics, I do love Horizon 4 for example, and I like BF4... some other causal gaming like GTA V (had it on PC in the past but I lost my account).

Nothing that doesn't run on PC...
Forza Horizon 4 is available on PC with all the bells and whistles and also runs better.

Although, if that is your main game, you'd be better off with AMD Hardware -> https://gamegpu.com/racing-simulators-/-гонки/forza-horizon-4-demo-test-gpu-cpu

On 11/2/2018 at 3:10 AM, Raskolnikov said:

If you get a console I'd get a PS4.

I agree with that...

On 11/2/2018 at 3:10 AM, Raskolnikov said:

Xbox exclusives suck.

Xbox has exclusives??
Well, except for Halo...

13 hours ago, Majinhoju said:

Why are you always not mentioning that you need payment options for Backwards Compatible Games?

That is a pretty significant thing because there are enough reasons to not have such things in your account.

And the most interesting games don't run on Backwards Compatibility anyway, only some popular ones that nobody really cares about...

Or are on PC anyway.

And some of the most Interesting Games include, but are not limited to, Nier Gestalt...

In the end we're talking about less games than on WiiU that are really worth it and most one Exclusives are already on PC or coming there.

...wich is mostly crap in the last couple of Months. Not that PS+ was that much better in the last couple of months, but Games for Gold? Not really...

And also you have to have either a 360 or payment options in your account to claim the 360 games...

...wich he has/should get and doesn't really offer an advantage...

Especially if you really learn to hate the Microsoft 

You really should get a Playstation 4 and Spider-Man, Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War. It really is better than the XBox One X.

I know because I have both.

And the only thing that's really worth it is Halo Master Chief Collection - and that runs like shit (random freezes on a console).

While Halo was nice, Spider-Man is better, Horizon Zero Dawn is also and you can carry double the weapons you can in Halo

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

On 11/2/2018 at 3:11 AM, Jaydelta88 said:

Well in my country there ar emore exclusives for the PS4 (in our language and so) I know Sony beats  but I already played every exclusive...

Then there is only the PC left...

As there aren't really any XBox Exclusives.
There might be a couple on Console Exclusives but since you already have access to a PS4, that's not a problem...

Like more the XBOX controller

Use it a bit more.

Controllers are stuff you need to get used to.

Everything I use for a longer period of time feels good.

Everythign I didn't feels weird. Always. Doesn't matter what direction or controller. Have 360, PS3, PS4 and one.

Though right now I have the most problems with the 360 controller for whatever reasons...

and price here for the PS4 Pro is the same as the X...  so...  And I don´t like the PS Plus service, it sucks!

Yeah but One is a PC that is crippled and can't even compete with the PS3 from the features (Bluetooth for example).

Media Player are shit on both. The one in my ALDI TV is superior to both.

What's wrong with PS Plus? Why does it suck?

But, as said earlier, you haven't seen the XBox Gold thing, where you have to have payment options in your account (Credit card, bank account number, maybe Paypal) to claim a free game....

And the UI in general is weird and M$ had a good UI for a Console. Looks like this -> https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-get-the-start-menu-back-in-windows-8/

THAT would have been nice...

BUT thanks for the reply! always welcome!

get the PC...
Or maybe a Switch.

31 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Not the XBox, I have one and, well, lets say there is much room and it combines the worst of both worlds.

Compared to PS4 the XBox one X doesn't come with Bluetooth, no HDMI CEC and other the worst thing: No (exclusive) games that are worth it.

While the PS4 has Spider-Man, Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War and some other stuff...

But if you don't have a gaming PC, get a PC first, console second for stuff that doesn't work on PC or is best played with Controller anyway (Ni No Kuni, Red Dead Redemption 2)...

Nothing that doesn't run on PC...
Forza Horizon 4 is available on PC with all the bells and whistles and also runs better.

Although, if that is your main game, you'd be better off with AMD Hardware -> https://gamegpu.com/racing-simulators-/-гонки/forza-horizon-4-demo-test-gpu-cpu

I agree with that...

Xbox has exclusives??
Well, except for Halo...

Why are you always not mentioning that you need payment options for Backwards Compatible Games?

That is a pretty significant thing because there are enough reasons to not have such things in your account.

And the most interesting games don't run on Backwards Compatibility anyway, only some popular ones that nobody really cares about...

Or are on PC anyway.

And some of the most Interesting Games include, but are not limited to, Nier Gestalt...

In the end we're talking about less games than on WiiU that are really worth it and most one Exclusives are already on PC or coming there.

...wich is mostly crap in the last couple of Months. Not that PS+ was that much better in the last couple of months, but Games for Gold? Not really...

And also you have to have either a 360 or payment options in your account to claim the 360 games...

...wich he has/should get and doesn't really offer an advantage...

Especially if you really learn to hate the Microsoft 

You really should get a Playstation 4 and Spider-Man, Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War. It really is better than the XBox One X.

I know because I have both.

And the only thing that's really worth it is Halo Master Chief Collection - and that runs like shit (random freezes on a console).

While Halo was nice, Spider-Man is better, Horizon Zero Dawn is also and you can carry double the weapons you can in Halo

Well u made good points and very impressive resume that Im glad and happy to read as ur personal opinion.

As I said before, I own already a PC Gaming system, but all over im getting the "most" of it on daily use, so its kinda a investment that is stucked on and since I need every money I can get, well, I need to invest in a Tablet since Im 50% of the house and therefore I watch movies on it.

Since I sold already my PC Gaming (it had a 2600 with a GTX 1070, great perfomance I´ll give u that...) but at the end, I mostly played Horizon 4 and not more then BF4.

I even tryed Horizon on the XBOX One X (1080p) and I saw almost 0 diference at perfomance settings vs Ultra settings on PC to be honest. Maybe im blind but there was almost no diference, besides the "more stable" things that u get on the console.

And thats why I put a console in the mess in. Why? Because since I sell my PC for a good money with 0 lose, I can save 150€ and I can get a Laptop with a i7 and a GTX 1050Ti for soft games like "old games" that I like to play and I can use it to watch movies, and therefore at home I could use a console.

I don´t like Sony Network service, it sucks and compared to Microsoft has alote problems atleast 2 years back, I had a PS4 and I regreded it. Do not care about exclusives, mostly I play BF4 and maybe BF5... or some causal games like Ghost Recon in the future. I do own a EA Acess subs for 1 year for free if I go to Console. And I do have for free a 12 month live subscription. At this moment the console comes with Horizon 4 and Forza 7 for about 400€... thats about 389$... not bad at all?! Well...

What I wanna say, all over, even if I go for a better system, I would spend 100€ more (still saving 50€ after the sell) for a gaming solution that maybe I won´t see much diference.

I remeber to see the hype of GTA V that compared to PS4 was so huge in graphics and therefore I was desapointed, almost non diference to PC version in therms of graphics, ofc i saw a good diference in frames but nowdays if Rockstar released some update Im sure that XBOX One X could handle GTA V at 60 frames in High/Ultra with no problems.

Im not into "console specs" but I know that XBOX One X soon will be suprassed by PS5. But taking this all in consideration, wouldn´t be more smarter to invest in a Laptop and Console and still saving money as that is my main consern?

Not that I don´t like PC, I love it, but I feel anyways alone there so... I can play crossgames with a friend, thats it. I play alote the old COD4... but the laptop could it handle easly.

At the end the dilema isn´t that big but at same time I kinda confused what to do... for me its all about saving money and still have quality gaming. I know that graphics and frames are better on PC side always, still the diference in some cases are slim to none... on the side of frames, I played horizon 4 always at 60 locked, gives u stability with no lag ingame.

Remeber this: Most games are made for consoles and then remaked in some sort to PC. Many games have issues and need alote patches. On Console there is no brainer. I love the exclusives of Sony and they suport our language with our actores for real, that doesn´t happen with Microsoft that gives me Brasil language and Im from Portugal, its kinda a insult! BUT still, I like both systems.

PS4 Pro is almost same price of the XBOX One X, since im not into exclusives of Sony, I don´t see much going on on Sony side, besides of poor internet stabiliy online atleast in Europe. Thats a negative thing for Sony. XBOX is far from perfect. To be perfect would be own all 3 systems. Its wrong compare PC to Consoles, we all know but there is no avoiding it...

Sure, a good pc here costs about 1000€ atleast... a good laptop with a GTX 1070 costs almost double and u get alote perfomance lose (had one and I regreded it so much).

I did love this 2 weaks with my PC, first time I played BF4 on Ultra with 120+ FPS... or BF1 with 100 FPS... besides that, I didn´t profit alote.

And since money is the question and the other thing about not beeing at home (need something to watch movies and entertain me outside) its smartter to get laptop vs a tablet BUT again, maybe im seeing all wrong and Im telling bullshit!

THATS why ur opinion are matter to me! Because are diferent points of view that can help me maybe decide what to do!

I have 2 days to decide... since I have to send the PC to the new owner in 2 days, I did sell it for 2 reasons: 1 money   and 2 get other options even if I go again to a PC.

I own a good 1080p monitor from Dell, it can handle laptop and console OR PC... I did enjoy the PC World, but to be fair, there are alote problems of alote games.

I still play old games, like Splinter Cell and so one... beside that, modern games are good even in console (OR im wrong?) from what I saw in Horizon 4 and BF5... on XBOX One X at 1080p.

I know that maybe for christmas I get a 4K as gift, not sure yet but it would be funny to have.

I did own a XBOX One S, PS4... never had a X or a Pro ofc... saw alote videos and gets me confused more and more since there are so many ppl saying "go for XBOX but others say, stay on PC..."

btw, I WAS a great shooter on Console. I was one of the guys that was PC Freak all the way and I always said: FPS games on console? NEVER. Well never say never. I loved to play FPS on Console, gives u a diferente feedback and good times with ppl and chat. On PC u only get hackers, hate and no teamplay at all.

Well :S  Im weird I know, maybe u guys won´t understand me and maybe even see me as a crazy dude with no points.

3 minutes ago, Jaydelta88 said:

Since I sold already my PC Gaming (it had a 2600 with a GTX 1070, great perfomance I´ll give u that...) but at the end, I mostly played Horizon 4 and not more then BF4.

What 2600??
The Sandy Bridge 2600?
Or Ryzen 2600??

I even tryed Horizon on the XBOX One X (1080p) and I saw almost 0 diference at perfomance settings vs Ultra settings on PC to be honest. Maybe im blind but there was almost no diference, besides the "more stable" things that u get on the console.

Did you limit it to 30fps on PC?
Because it mostly runs on 60 (or more) on PC, while its limited to mostly 30fps on Consoles, though has a 60fps mode with decreased deatails.

And thats why I put a console in the mess in. Why? Because since I sell my PC for a good money with 0 lose, I can save 150€ and I can get a Laptop with a i7 and a GTX 1050Ti for soft games like "old games" that I like to play and I can use it to watch movies, and therefore at home I could use a console.

Laptops for gaming are a bad idea...

They are expensive, tend to be loud and aren't upgradable. And also have downgraded components as well. So naa, not really...

I don´t like Sony Network service, it sucks and compared to Microsoft has alote problems atleast 2 years back, I had a PS4 and I regreded it.

Care to elaborate??

Just to say it sucks is not really an argument. Why do you think it sucks??

The free games were rather nice over the last year with a couple of exceptions...

Do not care about exclusives, mostly I play BF4 and maybe BF5... or some causal games like Ghost Recon in the future. I do own a EA Acess subs for 1 year for free if I go to Console. And I do have for free a 12 month live subscription. At this moment the console comes with Horizon 4 and Forza 7 for about 400€... thats about 389$... not bad at all?! Well...

Yeah but that really screams Game PC to me.

Not Console.

As XBox doesn't really support keyboard + Mouse (yet). And also on Playstation its not very common.

So Console seems like the wrong thing for you.

And if you want to play Forza Horizon 4 and Forza Motorsport 7, you probably should go with an RX580 or maybe even consider a VEGA 56 and not go with nVidia because of the hard optimization towards AMD with those games and a rather lazy PC Port.

but nowdays if Rockstar released some update Im sure that XBOX One X could handle GTA V at 60 frames in High/Ultra with no problems.

I doubt that because the used CPU isn't weak but its latency isn't probably good enough for real 60fps for most part.

And the CPU of PS4 PRO and XBox one X isn't much different.

Where they are is memory Bandwith. That's all.

The rest are minor details.

Im not into "console specs" but I know that XBOX One X soon will be suprassed by PS5. But taking this all in consideration, wouldn´t be more smarter to invest in a Laptop and Console and still saving money as that is my main consern?

No

Because it depends on what you want. And "Gaming Laptops" are mostly crap due to size restrictions, power limitations and other stuff.

So for the same amount of money you can get a decent Gaming PC or a mediocre Game Laptop.

And the PC can be almost inaudible with the same specs while you hear the Gaming Notebook 2 rooms further.

Not that I don´t like PC, I love it, but I feel anyways alone there so... I can play crossgames with a friend, thats it. I play alote the old COD4... but the laptop could it handle easly.

What about an ITX Small Form Factor Desktop build?

Something like a Node 202 or Silverstone Raven RVZ02?

At the end the dilema isn´t that big but at same time I kinda confused what to do... for me its all about saving money and still have quality gaming. I know that graphics and frames are better on PC side always, still the diference in some cases are slim to none... on the side of frames, I played horizon 4 always at 60 locked, gives u stability with no lag ingame.

Start with the Games you want to play.

And on what Plattform you could use them.

The thing is:
Bluetooth Wireless Headset?

Should work on PS4.

Xbox doesn't have Bluetooth. 

Remeber this: Most games are made for consoles and then remaked in some sort to PC. Many games have issues and need alote patches. On Console there is no brainer. I love the exclusives of Sony and they suport our language with our actores for real, that doesn´t happen with Microsoft that gives me Brasil language and Im from Portugal, its kinda a insult! BUT still, I like both systems.

no, they are optimized more for PC and not that good optimized for consoles.

Patches is something you have on Consoles as well. That's not a PC Problem, its a development Problem...

PS4 Pro is almost same price of the XBOX One X, since im not into exclusives of Sony, I don´t see much going on on Sony side, besides of poor internet stabiliy online atleast in Europe. Thats a negative thing for Sony. XBOX is far from perfect. To be perfect would be own all 3 systems. Its wrong compare PC to Consoles, we all know but there is no avoiding it...

I'm from Germany and no Problems with PSN here. So its not Europe exclusive ;)

And the plus point of a console is the games you can play with them. That is what they are made for.

But if you're not interested in exclusives anyway, I don't see a reason to go for Consoles at all.

Steam works somewhat decently with friends. 

Sure, a good pc here costs about 1000€ atleast... a good laptop with a GTX 1070 costs almost double and u get alote perfomance lose (had one and I regreded it so much).

I did love this 2 weaks with my PC, first time I played BF4 on Ultra with 120+ FPS... or BF1 with 100 FPS... besides that, I didn´t profit alote.

Depends on what you define good.

I'd call a Ryzen 2600 (~150€), 16GiB DDR4 (~140€), RX570/8GiB (~200€), 500GB SSD (~100€) and a good quality PSU (Bitfenix Formula 450 for ~65€ or GX-F550 for 75€ or 90€ for WhisperM/be quiet Straight Power 11)

and of course a decent (NOT ASUS!) Board for  ~100€ makes around 755€ - without a case.

And you could save a bit money here and there.

An 8GiB RX570 is listed for 175€ or so for example.

And since money is the question and the other thing about not beeing at home (need something to watch movies and entertain me outside) its smartter to get laptop vs a tablet BUT again, maybe im seeing all wrong and Im telling bullshit!

Yeah, Laptops are nice and make sense.

Just not to play games.

The ones that are decent at gaming are rediculously expensive and/or loud.

I'm also looking for a laptop but the ones that look good to me are like 600-700€ (Ryzen 5/2500U, a decent 15-17" Screen) and not too big Downsides...

I still play old games, like Splinter Cell and so one... beside that, modern games are good even in console (OR im wrong?) from what I saw in Horizon 4 and BF5... on XBOX One X at 1080p.

The Forza Series is an exception as its historically an XBox Exclusive that was optimized for XBox and just runs on PC. 

The Difference between Consoles and PC Games are not that small, depending on the Game (IIRC Shadow of the Tomb Raider had some noticable changes from Console to PC)...

I know that maybe for christmas I get a 4K as gift, not sure yet but it would be funny to have.

I did own a XBOX One S, PS4... never had a X or a Pro ofc... saw alote videos and gets me confused more and more since there are so many ppl saying "go for XBOX but others say, stay on PC..."

I have both the PRO and One X (because its the only stackable)...

And also PS3 and Xbox 360 as well as WiiU.

And to be  honest, there are some things that made me really hate the XBox.

Especially when you're coming from the 360...

One of those things is that you can't buy 360 games in the Store without Payment options in your account. And most XBox Users told me to get a credit card and/or add the bankinformation to the account...

The only way to get those games is to switch the 360 on and buy it with the 360. Neither website on PC nor the integrated One Store worked...

And there are no games for the One coming. And there are games that come to PC and Playstation but not XBox One (ni no kuni 2 for example).

Well :S  Im weird I know, maybe u guys won´t understand me and maybe even see me as a crazy dude with no points.

Well, since you have little to no interest in the Console games, its still PC.

When your main game are the Forza Racing Games, you might want to look into an AMD Graphics card instead. Because that's what those games are made for...

10 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

What 2600??
The Sandy Bridge 2600?
Or Ryzen 2600??

Did you limit it to 30fps on PC?
Because it mostly runs on 60 (or more) on PC, while its limited to mostly 30fps on Consoles, though has a 60fps mode with decreased deatails.

Laptops for gaming are a bad idea...

They are expensive, tend to be loud and aren't upgradable. And also have downgraded components as well. So naa, not really...

Care to elaborate??

Just to say it sucks is not really an argument. Why do you think it sucks??

The free games were rather nice over the last year with a couple of exceptions...

Yeah but that really screams Game PC to me.

Not Console.

As XBox doesn't really support keyboard + Mouse (yet). And also on Playstation its not very common.

So Console seems like the wrong thing for you.

And if you want to play Forza Horizon 4 and Forza Motorsport 7, you probably should go with an RX580 or maybe even consider a VEGA 56 and not go with nVidia because of the hard optimization towards AMD with those games and a rather lazy PC Port.

I doubt that because the used CPU isn't weak but its latency isn't probably good enough for real 60fps for most part.

And the CPU of PS4 PRO and XBox one X isn't much different.

Where they are is memory Bandwith. That's all.

The rest are minor details.

No

Because it depends on what you want. And "Gaming Laptops" are mostly crap due to size restrictions, power limitations and other stuff.

So for the same amount of money you can get a decent Gaming PC or a mediocre Game Laptop.

And the PC can be almost inaudible with the same specs while you hear the Gaming Notebook 2 rooms further.

What about an ITX Small Form Factor Desktop build?

Something like a Node 202 or Silverstone Raven RVZ02?

Start with the Games you want to play.

And on what Plattform you could use them.

The thing is:
Bluetooth Wireless Headset?

Should work on PS4.

Xbox doesn't have Bluetooth. 

no, they are optimized more for PC and not that good optimized for consoles.

Patches is something you have on Consoles as well. That's not a PC Problem, its a development Problem...

I'm from Germany and no Problems with PSN here. So its not Europe exclusive ;)

And the plus point of a console is the games you can play with them. That is what they are made for.

But if you're not interested in exclusives anyway, I don't see a reason to go for Consoles at all.

Steam works somewhat decently with friends. 

Depends on what you define good.

I'd call a Ryzen 2600 (~150€), 16GiB DDR4 (~140€), RX570/8GiB (~200€), 500GB SSD (~100€) and a good quality PSU (Bitfenix Formula 450 for ~65€ or GX-F550 for 75€ or 90€ for WhisperM/be quiet Straight Power 11)

and of course a decent (NOT ASUS!) Board for  ~100€ makes around 755€ - without a case.

And you could save a bit money here and there.

An 8GiB RX570 is listed for 175€ or so for example.

Yeah, Laptops are nice and make sense.

Just not to play games.

The ones that are decent at gaming are rediculously expensive and/or loud.

I'm also looking for a laptop but the ones that look good to me are like 600-700€ (Ryzen 5/2500U, a decent 15-17" Screen) and not too big Downsides...

The Forza Series is an exception as its historically an XBox Exclusive that was optimized for XBox and just runs on PC. 

The Difference between Consoles and PC Games are not that small, depending on the Game (IIRC Shadow of the Tomb Raider had some noticable changes from Console to PC)...

I have both the PRO and One X (because its the only stackable)...

And also PS3 and Xbox 360 as well as WiiU.

And to be  honest, there are some things that made me really hate the XBox.

Especially when you're coming from the 360...

One of those things is that you can't buy 360 games in the Store without Payment options in your account. And most XBox Users told me to get a credit card and/or add the bankinformation to the account...

The only way to get those games is to switch the 360 on and buy it with the 360. Neither website on PC nor the integrated One Store worked...

And there are no games for the One coming. And there are games that come to PC and Playstation but not XBox One (ni no kuni 2 for example).

Well, since you have little to no interest in the Console games, its still PC.

When your main game are the Forza Racing Games, you might want to look into an AMD Graphics card instead. Because that's what those games are made for...

Hey,

Well u made a good reply. Thanks.

What I ment from PSN, here in Portugal (I was born in germany btw... and lived there for like 16 years) is that the overall service, lag and some other typs of connection are a problem. Sony is great to give our language a main suporte, Portugal is on of the biggest consumer of Sony products (games and PS4) trust me, even more then germany. If u ask around, or go to a store u only see PS4 games and stuff, XBOX stuff are like little to none or PC same. Ofc that means that portugues ppl loves PS4. Mainly because the exclusive games are in our language (like in urs, as u can see in TV, everything is voiced in germany and I love it, myself I only watch german channels in Portugal, like Pro7 or RTL2 or Kabel1). Thats a big PLUS to sell. Microsoft didn´t. They do Brasilian, thats a big hurting right there... why? Well even if its close to Portugues it isn´t excalty our language... for me personaly I love more german then brasilian accent. Ofc most ppl here don´t like brasilian language even if its close to ours native language. Thats why in Portugal most ppl plays on Sony side (or PC side). Almost no one plays on XBOX One side...

U made good points, I sold my PC Desktop with a GTX 1070 and a R5 2600, for a good money. Even if I buy again, I would buy a Nvidia card, I don´t like AMD. Low perfomance and the GTX 1070Ti is in a good price range now. Ofc u have cheaper things over germany, here its all more expensive. I made a build "mini ITX with a node 202" and a Ryzen 5 2600 with a Noctua Cooler, 16GB, ASRock B450, GTX 1070Ti (have already SSD and SHDD)... it would me cost about 1000€ (still saving from my sell about 100€ that helps to buy a tablet ofc. I like Forza games but I also like FPS games and trust me BF5 is a demanding game... even BF4 is. I never lock games to 30 FPS but I did lock Horizon 4 to 60 FPS.

I had a MSI with a GTX 1070 and a i7 8 Gen and I DO AGREE, gaming on laptop? NEVER AGAIN atleast demenading games. I saw a big jump in FPS to the desktop like day night, I had 20 to 30 FPS more... I played Ghost Recon at 80 FPS at Very High/Ultra... on the laptop I only played at 50 fps with fps drops.

Yes, laptops are good for soft games or old games, more then that, I dont recomend it! I love the desktop, don´t get me wrong, I have freedom to mod and have anygame (ye cracked because I don´t like to waste money to a game that I only play it once BUT I buy always MP games). I like GTA V for example, or some other games.

The main problem is: I spend only 2h (sometimes) at home, beside that im at work. So would it still matter to go for a Mini Desktop (why mini? I change every 2 weak residence and it would allow me to transport it easly). Now I have holidays for 2 months and I gona have other 2 months after new year, but after that I gona be again all summer to work and only stay 2h at home...

On ur experience, would it be still profit to go with a desktop (and a Tablet to watch movies outside home) or stick with a Console and ofc a Laptop to watch movies and play old games?

23 hours ago, MTUBL said:

btw congratulations to ur marrige ;) hope it works and last for long time bro!

Sadly I only have 1 friend to play on PC side (console I don´t have any).

Specs of a PC would be

- Fractal Design Node 202

- PSU Corsair SF600 (the 450 isn´t avaliable here)

- AMD Ryzen 5 2600 with a Noctua L9i (with AM4 kit) and Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut

- MSI B450I Gaming Plus /AC

- 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL15

- SSD NVMe 500GB Samsung Evo 970 (own already)

- SHDD 1TB

- Nvidia MSI GTX 1070Ti (Armor Edition)

Well this would cost me around 1080€  (I would seel my PC for 1180€).

OR

Laptop Lenovo Y520 with a i5 7300HQ, SSD, SHDD, GTX 1050Ti and a XBOX One X (with 3 games) for 1090€

So, the diference of investment is that on PC side I´ll need to buy a tablet (cost would be 200€). Anyways... for 1080p I belive its a good long therm investment not?!

What would u choise between that?

Why I need a Tablet? As explained, I would need it to watch movies, I don´t own alote friends and most time I´m alone so ye, usualy my laptop (that I had) was my best friend. Since I need to be a mini-PC to move around, I choose the Node 202, the only avaliable in Portugal as small format.

I do spend alote time at home from February to May and then in again Winter Time, but Summer time I spend only 2h at home, usualy for 2 or 3 weaks straight.

I don´t wanna game on the laptop, only if its old games ofc.... BUT since I don´t need exclusive games (besides Horizon 4 thats a must have).

PC is a smartter choise or... the Laptop + Console? If u don´t mind, I did explain why I have this decision to make, because well I wanna save money so thats why I sold a similar PC in first place and because of the size (case was to big). All over, I didn´t lose money at all by selling it, I even won 20€... so... Anyways... I save more if I go to the Laptop + Console side but I gona lose as many user say "quality and frames"...

I do mind quality and frames but would it be that MUCH diferente from PC to Console in therms of graphics?!

On 11/3/2018 at 9:08 PM, Jaydelta88 said:

Specs of a PC would be

- Fractal Design Node 202

- PSU Corsair SF600 (the 450 isn´t avaliable here)

- AMD Ryzen 5 2600 with a Noctua L9i (with AM4 kit) and Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut

- MSI B450I Gaming Plus /AC

- 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL15

- SSD NVMe 500GB Samsung Evo 970 (own already)

- SHDD 1TB

- Nvidia MSI GTX 1070Ti (Armor Edition)

Well this would cost me around 1080€  (I would seel my PC for 1180€).

And I'd recommend getting a 25mm thick Noctua Fan as well and use that if it fits.

IIRC the NH-L9i is 40mm, with 25mm fan its somewhere around 50-55mm And the Airflow of the 25mm fan is way better.

So, the diference of investment is that on PC side I´ll need to buy a tablet (cost would be 200€). Anyways... for 1080p I belive its a good long therm investment not?!

What would u choise between that?

I'd get the PC anyday...

I do mind quality and frames but would it be that MUCH diferente from PC to Console in therms of graphics?!

PC is mostly 60fps while consoles are still mostly 30fps.

and yeah, its noticable, not all do but many.

2 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

And I'd recommend getting a 25mm thick Noctua Fan as well and use that if it fits.

IIRC the NH-L9i is 40mm, with 25mm fan its somewhere around 50-55mm And the Airflow of the 25mm fan is way better.

What u mean "getting" a 25mm Noctua Fan? Where do I put it?

https://www.pcdiga.com/ventoinhas/dimensões-ventoinha/120mm

Can´t find any in the store (link)

Changed my PC Specs to this...

Capturar.PNG

6 hours ago, Jaydelta88 said:

What u mean "getting" a 25mm Noctua Fan? Where do I put it?

https://noctua.at/en/nf-a9-pwm?___from_store=de

To replace the 14mm thick Original of the NH-L9i.

Because 2ay more airflow.

6 hours ago, Jaydelta88 said:

Changed my PC Specs to this...

PLS do NOT use that PSU. Its garbage.

On the Market since 2010, no protection and just overpriced crap.

Sadly your shop doesn't seem to have something decent for a good price.

Any other options?

Good units:
Bitfenix Formula, Whisper M

be quiet Straight Power 11

OKish:
be quiet Pure Power 10/11 (400W and up)

System Power 9

If you have to order at that store, the Seasonic Focus seems the best option and is hardly any more than the S12II shit...

ANd personally I'm not a fan of AIO Water Coolers because they cause more problems than a normal heatpipe heatsink...

I'd save the 50€ for the Heatsink and get another Stick of Memory and a good PSU instead.

The AMD Heatsink is fine (and also made by Cooler Master, probably), so you just have to look for the Boxed AMD Version...

On my 2400G I will probably use the Boxed or at least try it.

1 hour ago, Stefan Payne said:

https://noctua.at/en/nf-a9-pwm?___from_store=de

To replace the 14mm thick Original of the NH-L9i.

Because 2ay more airflow.

PLS do NOT use that PSU. Its garbage.

On the Market since 2010, no protection and just overpriced crap.

Sadly your shop doesn't seem to have something decent for a good price.

Any other options?

Good units:
Bitfenix Formula, Whisper M

be quiet Straight Power 11

OKish:
be quiet Pure Power 10/11 (400W and up)

System Power 9

If you have to order at that store, the Seasonic Focus seems the best option and is hardly any more than the S12II shit...

ANd personally I'm not a fan of AIO Water Coolers because they cause more problems than a normal heatpipe heatsink...

I'd save the 50€ for the Heatsink and get another Stick of Memory and a good PSU instead.

The AMD Heatsink is fine (and also made by Cooler Master, probably), so you just have to look for the Boxed AMD Version...

On my 2400G I will probably use the Boxed or at least try it.

Ye I know bro, there are no better options as "Powersupply" and I already hit my budget but what I saw (correct me if im wrong) is capable of handle the CPU and GPU even with Overclock. I don´t care that doens´t last more then 2 years, atleast is a good temporary solutions.

Of the heatsink, I used in the past this CM 120 and I have to say they are good... not the best but god for the price range and better then the airflow.

Please note: THE memorys and SSD u see on the "order note" is for another hardware, I already own a NVMe by Samsung 970 EVO (500GB) and a 1TB SHDD that I gona use aswell 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL15.

Well I don´t know why they push so much in prices of powersupplys but for the budget I got thats the limit. And Im still fine about the SSD and RAM since I got them last weak.

OFC its not cheap, everything at sum costs about 1400€... its realy expensive but the best I can get.

Have another store that u can look at it if u wanna: https://www.globaldata.pt/componentes/fontes/550w-600w-620w-650w-700w-750w

Found this one for the similar price... https://www.globaldata.pt/componentes/fontes/fonte-cooler-master-mwe-650w-80-bronze-mpx-6501-acaab-eu

But I didn´t find much, atleast can Seasonic Provide me stable energy to OC my PC? Or...

I LOVE ur opinion!

28 minutes ago, Jaydelta88 said:

Ye I know bro, there are no better options as "Powersupply" and I already hit my budget but what I saw (correct me if im wrong) is capable of handle the CPU and GPU even with Overclock. I don´t care that doens´t last more then 2 years, atleast is a good temporary solutions.

The PSU is important, even if it might (or might not) run, is not enough.

You will have issues with noise of the PSU and other stuff as well. If the Budget is so close, you might want to rethink the ITX take and get a normal sized system.

While all µATX Boards are pretty shitty for Ryzen, they are better than ITX and also you could save like 25€ (German Price) between the B450I and a decent µATX or even ATX Board.

And also the Cases aren't that expensive. Here you might also save a buck or two but not necessarily...

That's absolutely something I'd think about.

Because good ITX Systems are a bit more restrictive and expensive.

Of the heatsink, I used in the past this CM 120 and I have to say they are good... not the best but god for the price range and better then the airflow.

Yes but see above. You mess up your configuration with an unnecessary Heatsink that takes Money away from components you actually need.

Like a second Memory Stick.

And the Heatsink is something you can replace later anyway. Its a bit of a hassle but in the end, its only about noise. The AMD Boxed Heatsinks are totally fine and not that small.

The Fan is a 120mm, in my case Cooler Master as well...

Would a good 3rd Party Heatsink be better? Yes, of Course!
Makes it sense to invest money into a Heatsink but save on Memory? No, of course NOT!

The Heatsink is at mos a Conveniance thing.

Please note: THE memorys and SSD u see on the "order note" is for another hardware, I already own a NVMe by Samsung 970 EVO (500GB) and a 1TB SHDD that I gona use aswell 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL15.

Ah, OK, did miss that. Though 1TB SSHD (or HDD??) Is rather Small. 

WHave another store that u can look at it if u wanna: https://www.globaldata.pt/componentes/fontes/550w-600w-620w-650w-700w-750w

That one is great.

Has the be quiet System Power B9, if you want a cheap PSU.

Or the Bitfenix Formula, if you want something better.

And I'd recommend the Bitfenix because its soo much better...

But I didn´t find much, atleast can Seasonic Provide me stable energy to OC my PC? Or...

...not...

Seasonic is one of the most overrated companys because people believe that its better to do your stuff yourself. Wich is just not true. Its more complicated, but in the End it comes more to what you really want and less who makes it...

Especially since there are a couple of companys who specialized in manufacturing and don't want to deal with the Consumer Stuff...

I've seen a German Test in 350W with the S12II Bronze in 350W, Xilence Performance C and LC500-12. And the Seasonic S12II Bronze was not better than the rest in this roundup. And every unit in that Test failed protection test (and the Seasonic even died)

So that should give you an idea of how bad it is today. Because its such an old PSU and should have been replaced years ago...

So Seasonic is pretty much overrated and if the S12II came from any other company, they would have been flamed because of its bad performance, compared to the competiton in the same price range. some even have independantly regulated 5V and 12V (with the Seasonic S12II both voltages are regulated together. If that sounds like a bad idea to you, well it is).

The Focus is the worst thing you can buy from Seasonic, if you really want a seasonic.

But everything below the Focus is just shit you should avoid at all cost!

9 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

The PSU is important, even if it might (or might not) run, is not enough.

You will have issues with noise of the PSU and other stuff as well. If the Budget is so close, you might want to rethink the ITX take and get a normal sized system.

While all µATX Boards are pretty shitty for Ryzen, they are better than ITX and also you could save like 25€ (German Price) between the B450I and a decent µATX or even ATX Board.

And also the Cases aren't that expensive. Here you might also save a buck or two but not necessarily...

That's absolutely something I'd think about.

Because good ITX Systems are a bit more restrictive and expensive.

Yes but see above. You mess up your configuration with an unnecessary Heatsink that takes Money away from components you actually need.

Like a second Memory Stick.

And the Heatsink is something you can replace later anyway. Its a bit of a hassle but in the end, its only about noise. The AMD Boxed Heatsinks are totally fine and not that small.

The Fan is a 120mm, in my case Cooler Master as well...

Would a good 3rd Party Heatsink be better? Yes, of Course!
Makes it sense to invest money into a Heatsink but save on Memory? No, of course NOT!

The Heatsink is at mos a Conveniance thing.

Ah, OK, did miss that. Though 1TB SSHD (or HDD??) Is rather Small. 

That one is great.

Has the be quiet System Power B9, if you want a cheap PSU.

Or the Bitfenix Formula, if you want something better.

And I'd recommend the Bitfenix because its soo much better...

...not...

Seasonic is one of the most overrated companys because people believe that its better to do your stuff yourself. Wich is just not true. Its more complicated, but in the End it comes more to what you really want and less who makes it...

Especially since there are a couple of companys who specialized in manufacturing and don't want to deal with the Consumer Stuff...

I've seen a German Test in 350W with the S12II Bronze in 350W, Xilence Performance C and LC500-12. And the Seasonic S12II Bronze was not better than the rest in this roundup. And every unit in that Test failed protection test (and the Seasonic even died)

So that should give you an idea of how bad it is today. Because its such an old PSU and should have been replaced years ago...

So Seasonic is pretty much overrated and if the S12II came from any other company, they would have been flamed because of its bad performance, compared to the competiton in the same price range. some even have independantly regulated 5V and 12V (with the Seasonic S12II both voltages are regulated together. If that sounds like a bad idea to you, well it is).

The Focus is the worst thing you can buy from Seasonic, if you really want a seasonic.

But everything below the Focus is just shit you should avoid at all cost!

It has to be a Mini-ITX, I travel alote and a normal size its too big for me, even this case its big but it has to go with it and stick with it!

But I did changed the power supply to that https://www.globaldata.pt/componentes/fontes/fonte-cooler-master-mwe-650w-80-bronze-mpx-6501-acaab-eu

Im guessing its better then the Sonic anyways for the same price.

BUT does this one https://www.globaldata.pt/componentes/fontes/fonte-cooler-master-masterwatt-lite-600w-sleeved-80-mpx-6001-acabw-es 

Be more then enough for my system even with OC?! Sorry to ask!