High Temp Readings

DarkGoblin963

So i was testing my new cpu cooler and used HWmonitor for monitoring temps and noticed that Under motherboard temps TMPIN8 TMPIN4 TIMPIN5 and TMPIN6 are showing temps at 119-120C except for TMPIN4 showing 111-112C which is weird, My motherboard is the ASUS TUF b360-plus gaming, Thing is about a month ago these temps were just as weird but they were different they were solid at 113-114c and now they stick to 120c So i am really concerned, Also i launch HWmonitor the second i boot up my pc and these temps are just stuck at 119-120c, Even after running the prime95 stress test the temps didn't move a little bit, Everything else is fine Cpu idles at 27-30c and gpu and motherboard temp is fine motherboard temp is pretty cool in BIOS,cpu doesn't reach 60c on prime95, HWinfo shows exact same readings as HWmonitor

Those temps are VRMs, and those can operate at very high temperatures. They aren't semiconductors.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Since the TMPIN temperatures aren't changing depending on the system load, I'm lead to believe that they are unused or faulty sensors that are just outputting a set, calculated or false value and are not actually measuring a real time temperature. That one value that is changing is likely a sensor for the VRM or something similar which are made to run at high temperatures.

Regardless of what they are for, they aren't anything to worry about. It's your CPU temperature that is important.

Desktop - CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x | COOLER: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 | MOBO: ASRock X370 Killer SLI/ac | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio | STORAGE: 2x XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB, Crucial MX300 525gb, Seagate Barracuda Pro 4TB | CASE: Phanteks P400s TG White | PSU: Corsair HX750i

Laptop - Dell XPS 13 | Intel i7 7500u | Intel HD 620 Graphics | 8GB RAM | 256GB M.2 SSD

Peripherals - KEYBOARD: KBD67 Lite w/Gateron Milky Yellow Pros | MOUSE: Razer Deathadder V2 | AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 6XX, Truthear Hexa | MONITOR: Dual 1440p 27" MSI Optix MAG274QRF-QD

Have you tried using different software to check them?  Give HWiNFO a go and see what it reports.  And VRM temps shouldn't be that high either so it is a concern.  If those temps are accurate then you are gonna wanna find a way to get some air moving over your VRMs.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

3 hours ago, nick name said:

Have you tried using different software to check them?  Give HWiNFO a go and see what it reports.  And VRM temps shouldn't be that high either so it is a concern.  If those temps are accurate then you are gonna wanna find a way to get some air moving over your VRMs.  

3 hours ago, Shadow6767 said:

Since the TMPIN temperatures aren't changing depending on the system load, I'm lead to believe that they are unused or faulty sensors that are just outputting a set, calculated or false value and are not actually measuring a real time temperature. That one value that is changing is likely a sensor for the VRM or something similar which are made to run at high temperatures.

Regardless of what they are for, they aren't anything to worry about. It's your CPU temperature that is important.

I have tried using HWiNFO and it reads the exact same, The temps are solid they don't even fluctuate regardless of cpu/gpu load they just hover at 119-120c i have been using the PC for over 2 months now and have never experienced any system error or shut downs since i bought it, What concerned me is that the values changed since 2 months ago, They would stick at 114c instead of 120c now even though ambient temp is quite a bit lower than 2 months ago, also all of the temps changed not only one of them but when monitoring they don't change one bit.

5 minutes ago, DarkGoblin963 said:

I have tried using HWiNFO and it reads the exact same, The temps are solid they don't even fluctuate regardless of cpu/gpu load they just hover at 119-120c i have been using the PC for over 2 months now and have never experienced any system error or shut downs since i bought it, What concerned me is that the values changed since 2 months ago, They would stick at 114c instead of 120c now even though ambient temp is quite a bit lower than 2 months ago, also all of the temps changed not only one of them but when monitoring they don't change one bit.

Well if it is as I fear then those temps are damaging to the VRM components and will only continue to make them degrade resulting in continually rising temps.  This will eventually lead to other components being damaged.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

Just now, nick name said:

Well if it is as I fear then those temps are damaging to the VRM components and will only continue to make them degrade resulting in continually rising temps.  This will eventually lead to other components being damaged.  

It seems like there are two temps called TMPIN5 and TMPIN6 one of each is at 26c and the other at 119c which is kinda weird but TMPIN4 and TMPIN8 are at 111c and 119c each so i don't know... this is really starting to concern me, Isn't there another program i can use to identify if this is real or not, and shouldn't the temps differ a little from when i first launch to when for example i stress test, Here's a photo.

Capture.PNG

Update: after 7 hours i just booted up and saw that most of these temps were at a solid 126-127c but in hwINFO there was no temp over 109c so it's definetely not the same in both programs, and temp4 had a max of 109c and min of 0c, But after a couple restarts i uninstalled both programs and re installed the latest versions and in HWmonitor readings are at 120-121c except tmpin4 at 112c and for some reason hwinfo is not showing the temp# anymore it just shows temps of CPU and mainboard and those are fine...

There seems to be a pattern... Whenever i turn off the pc for a long time and turn it back on HWmonitor showsTMPIN temps at 127c and after about an hour they drop by 6-7c degrees and just stay like that, I also noticed one of the temps dropped to 0 and back to 127 instantly, I am really confused and concerned please help me i can't seem to figure this out... in BIOS motherboard and cpu temp is fine.

3 hours ago, DarkGoblin963 said:

There seems to be a pattern... Whenever i turn off the pc for a long time and turn it back on HWmonitor showsTMPIN temps at 127c and after about an hour they drop by 6-7c degrees and just stay like that, I also noticed one of the temps dropped to 0 and back to 127 instantly, I am really confused and concerned please help me i can't seem to figure this out... in BIOS motherboard and cpu temp is fine.

The BIOS reported temperatures of the CPU and motherboard are accurate. I'm still convinced that the TMPIN temperatures are from unused or faulty sensors or HWMonitor and hwinfo are reporting false values. I don't think it is anything to worry about. If you had a thermal camera or temperature gun you could physically check the temperatures on different parts of the motherboard, chances are though you might not have anything like that as most people don't. If any part of the motherboard is actually over 100 degrees Celsius, I imagine that it would reflect a bit in the CPU and mainboard temperatures which it isn't, those temperatures for you are staying quite cool. VRM temperatures would for sure reflect in your CPU and mainboard temperatures, and again, they are still staying cool. I'm convinced it isn't anything to worry about.

Desktop - CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x | COOLER: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 | MOBO: ASRock X370 Killer SLI/ac | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio | STORAGE: 2x XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB, Crucial MX300 525gb, Seagate Barracuda Pro 4TB | CASE: Phanteks P400s TG White | PSU: Corsair HX750i

Laptop - Dell XPS 13 | Intel i7 7500u | Intel HD 620 Graphics | 8GB RAM | 256GB M.2 SSD

Peripherals - KEYBOARD: KBD67 Lite w/Gateron Milky Yellow Pros | MOUSE: Razer Deathadder V2 | AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 6XX, Truthear Hexa | MONITOR: Dual 1440p 27" MSI Optix MAG274QRF-QD

23 hours ago, DarkGoblin963 said:

The reading is from faulty or unused sensors. Most temperature sensors have a range of -127c to 127c and it being pinged at 127c most certainly indicates as such. 

Moved to Air Cooling. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 11/1/2018 at 11:03 PM, nick name said:

Fortunetly you are wrong there. Those sensors are very inaccurate and often faulty. Any temps showing over 80C there is not correct. PCs have safety measures against overheating, abnd while VRM can take up to 120C heat, having such temps right from boot isn't logical nor possible. That would mean there's short circuit somewhere causing issue, and system would have died already, actually probably during testing phase before leaving factory, if that really was situation.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv