AMD Gaming Evolved App

dethalis

So i stumbled accross this when installing the 13.12 drivers for my new Asus R9 280x Direct CU II TOP video card. I feel like this is AMD's answer to nVidia's Geforce Experience. So far i like the app. Some of the game optimizations are great whilr things like Far Cry 3 i feel like it hurts performance a little for what ever reason when it sets it to custom even tho the settings are the same as ultra. Not sure why that is. Anyway i like that you can link your steam account to it. However you still have to have steam running to launch a game from the amd app. Let me know guys what you think of this app.

http://raptr.com/amd

Raptr for me was totally shitty in the previous version.............used to hang all the time but if AMD is doing something to give us additional functionality for free then it is much appreciated anyways

FX 6300 @ 4.2 Gigahurtz 1.325V ,  ASRock 970 Extreme 4 mobo  ,  Kingston Hyperx Blu 2X4GB @1600Mhz  , Asus GTX 960 DCU ii Black OC  , Hyper 212 Evo , Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB , WD 1 TB caviar Green , Xonar DG sound card , Seasonic M12ii Evo 620W PSU , Corsair 200R case ,4 random case fans.

I'm pretty sure Raptr has been out for quite a while now. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

It allows for live streaming. I forgot to mention that.

• 5 weeks later...

The optimizations as I see it are mostly shit, if they did not know what they are doing. 

Like putting down Texture Filtering to bilinear in games where AF 16x gives 1 if not 0 FPS loss and just making them look really bad. I also kinda feel like that with Nvidia Geforce Experience (but less). Though it's in beta so it might and hopefully will change.

But I really do like to points system, even though it will take probably a year of playing games 6 hours a day to get enough for a R9 270x. 

Maybe they'll add more ways to earn RP?  ;)

Also, interesting and nice that it works on system's without any AMD hardware.

• 1 month later...

Yeah I too noticed the settings reduce the quality to look not near as good as what I can run things at... that gives it a negative mark.. if only It looked at my hardware and said oh 280x and quad core phenom ii x4 965 at 4ghz ultra settings for you... anyway points system is nice