Is it normal for a Dark Rock Pro 4 to be slightly crooked?

Kywim

Hello!

After installing my Dark Rock Pro 4 I noticed that it wasn’t perfectly level. It is slightly crooked, I think it’s just a few millimeters off axis. Is it normal for this kind    of cooler? Should I try to fix it? Can this harm my motherboard or cpu?

Thank you

25C2B449-9332-4937-AD1B-67354D978606.jpeg

Have you screwed on the backplate and cooler onto the motherboard properly?

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Backplate is already mounted with AM4, and cooler is screwed in correctly, yes, but I’m going to double check this morning.

yeah also double check your mainboards mounting to the case. 

The dark rock is supper heavy (and cools nicely because of this ;D) so a bit of sag is ok and to be expected. Try to not bump or move your system to harshly tough ;)

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

Does this look better? That’s the best I can do. I double checked that everything was correctly in place. Is this fine? 

2C522A71-2B20-49E6-9552-38AA4C3C65DF.jpeg

6EB99A5C-B505-4C39-87ED-8FD099862910.jpeg

BDC0FE6E-67CE-4CDC-8B04-0F2264762AC4.jpeg

Just now, Kywim said:

Does this look better? That’s the best I can do. I double checked that everything was correctly in place. Is this fine? 

-snip-

yes! try to be gentle with it and nothing will break ;) 

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

Okay, I don’t move my system around at all usually (maybe once or twice a year) and the only time where I move my case is when cleaning my desk so I’ll be okay I guess

I checked and it still isn’t perfectly level, but I guess that if everything is mounted correctly that’s normal?

56 minutes ago, Kywim said:

I checked and it still isn’t perfectly level, but I guess that if everything is mounted correctly that’s normal?

There are always some errors in manufacturing process and whatnot. As long as it provides correct results in cooling, there's nothing to worry about.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I have the same issue it's crooked the same way as yours.