4K HDR Monitor - Dell UP2718Q or LG 32UD99-W?

ChazzaM

Hi guys,

I've recently purchased an Aorus RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme card which should be delivered in the next week or so. I am currently looking at 4K monitors, as the 2080 Ti can finally power most games at 60fps in 4K max settings.

Two of the monitors I'm looking at are the Dell UP2718Q and the LG 32UD99-W. I currently own an Acer XB271HU 165Hz 1440p monitor, as well as an Acer XB272 240Hz 1080p monitor. Both monitors I'm looking at are available for the same price of ~£750.

The main differences between the two is that the LG is 32" (probably a better size for 4K) and the Dell is 27" (my other monitors are all this size though). The Dell also truly supports HDR10 (1000 nits peak brightness, 384 dimming zones, 10-bit panel) and provides better coverage of Adobe RGB (100%) and DCI P3 (97.7%). The LG also looks better with thinner bezels and Type-C connector. The LG also has FreeSync but this is a mute point as I have nvidia hardware.

The monitor will be used for gaming on PC and PS4 Pro with light video/photo editing (in a non-professional capacity), as well as general use (coding/media consumption/browsing etc).

Which monitor (if either) do you feel would be the better choice?

Thanks!