Would like suggestion on cheap parts and opinions.

let's start with the stuff that it's my PC:

• I have an EVGA gtx 750 ti for a graphics card, works good.
  • I have an i5 2400 that is being overclocked. I can't tell if I'm having an issue with this or not. Ill explain in a bit.
  • The motherboard I am using is a Gigabyte B75-D3V V1.1

I got the graphics card early on from a friend and installed it into my old hardware but couldn't use it because it made my CPU overheat because at the time I was using a stock cooler. I bought a new motherboard so I could fit a proper fan on my motherboard and everything was good until I tried starting it up with all 4 DIMM slots in. Only 2 slots work, something like slots 2 and 3. So I have 2 4gb sticks in those slots running single channel. This affected my game performance but I could tolerate most things. I went on but recently my computer will just randomly freeze up and I have to force shut it off. It does this multiple times a day and when i go to turn it on, it tries to start on the wrong drive, so I have to go into the bios and manually select the right drive. After that windows 10 starts up fine until I login. When I login the CPU rockets up to 100% usage for about 5 minutes preventing me from starting anything, so I assume maybe it's fucking up. 

Anyways long story short, I believe I need new parts but I wont have much money to put towards these parts as I'm only putting aside $200 for this. I'd also like to maybe upgrade to DDR4 but at this point DDR3 works fine and I'd like to get the best for my money. I'd like to buy a new motherboard and CPU, and if I go DDR4, then new ram. People have suggested buying a new GPU but I'm not sure that is necessary yet. I'd like to hear what y'all say. Hopefully someone can help me find the best equipment for the money I have. 

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, tazbeast04 said:

Anyways long story short, I believe I need new parts but I wont have much money to put towards these parts as I'm only putting aside $200 for this. I'd also like to maybe upgrade to DDR4 but at this point DDR3 works fine and I'd like to get the best for my money. I'd like to buy a new motherboard and CPU, and if I go DDR4, then new ram. People have suggested buying a new GPU but I'm not sure that is necessary yet. I'd like to hear what y'all say. Hopefully someone can help me find the best equipment for the money I have. 

Thank you.

Dude check this out -https://www.newegg.com/global/in-en/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883101626

this listing is from newegg india for 200-250USD.I suggest you look for something like this and pair it with your 750ti.No hassle for you

4 minutes ago, tazbeast04 said:

let's start with the stuff that it's my PC:

• I have an EVGA gtx 750 ti for a graphics card, works good.
  • I have an i5 2400 that is being overclocked. I can't tell if I'm having an issue with this or not. Ill explain in a bit.
  • The motherboard I am using is a Gigabyte B75-D3V V1.1

I got the graphics card early on from a friend and installed it into my old hardware but couldn't use it because it made my CPU overheat because at the time I was using a stock cooler. I bought a new motherboard so I could fit a proper fan on my motherboard and everything was good until I tried starting it up with all 4 DIMM slots in. Only 2 slots work, something like slots 2 and 3. So I have 2 4gb sticks in those slots running single channel. This affected my game performance but I could tolerate most things. I went on but recently my computer will just randomly freeze up and I have to force shut it off. It does this multiple times a day and when i go to turn it on, it tries to start on the wrong drive, so I have to go into the bios and manually select the right drive. After that windows 10 starts up fine until I login. When I login the CPU rockets up to 100% usage for about 5 minutes preventing me from starting anything, so I assume maybe it's fucking up. 

Thank you.

To go DDR4 you have to upgrade your Mobo, and CPU.

Have you reinstalled windows yet?  Sounds to me like an issue I had with an old 1090t system I had...found out there was some nasty root virus' eating up all my HDD and CPU usage.  Once I reinstalled windows it worked...but then failed as the HDD failed so Im not 100% sure if it was a virus in the root or just a failing HDD

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

my suggestion is looking into what Linus and Riley did yesterday. That's a valid option and way better for your budget becouse you don't need extra ram.