The LTT "Feeling"

napper_tapper
10 hours ago, Canada EH said:

Link me up and I will check it out, I normally dont do reddit, ever really unless I am searching for an answer and it happens to be in there.

SKOOKUM

Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS Gaming 7 WiFi (X470)  CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
GPU: MSI RTX 3090 SUPRIM X  RAM: Gigabyte AORUS RGB DDR4 32GB 3733MHz
HDD: 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe SSD  PSU: Corsair RM850x 80+ Gold
Monitor: Philips 65" OLED 4K UHD w/HDR  Headphones: Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H4
Cooling: 6 x 120mm Corsair LL120  Phone: Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max 256 GB
Mouse: Logitec MK270

On 11/2/2018 at 5:35 PM, Canada EH said:

Skookum for the uninformed means "really good"

;)

I am starting to talk like that fella now ;)

Here in Scotland we have a word that means similar "Muckle" (large, heavy, strong, synonymous with good quality).

Worthy mention we also have "smeddum" which means drive, intensity, indomitable spirit/will.

I find it most entertaining when they are goofing around and failing at things. Or just trying things that weren't meant to be or happen :D

I understand what the OP is saying, I'd prefer more simple videos, sometimes Linus being enthusiastic about a product, unboxing it and giving a quick overview or demonstration is enough.

Guess I'm probably a bit different to most as I only discovered LTT in the last few months. I've always been tech savvy but always relied on written reviews etc for info previously and only recently ventured into YouTube as I've spent a lot of time off work with a back injury. I only found LTT while looking for case reviews but then pretty much watched the entire back catalog. I think the old episodes felt more personal and more relatable and seemed more like a few friends messing around doing what they loved. The later episodes are still very good and you can't fault the production values but they do seem to have changed, not necessarily for the worse but just into something different. I watch them for entertainment, as others have said, I'd go elsewhere for serious reviews but do enjoy LTT, even if it's just for seeing tech that I could never afford. 

Age = 32

Income = Approx. $40k USD p/a,

Location = United Kingdom,

Education Level = high school (worked my way up in IT) 

Hobbies = geek

Techyness = IT pro

Gaming = PC gamer for 10+ years, consoles in my youth

Gaming Rig: Intel i5 8600k @ 5Ghz (-1 AVX) 1.325v - MSI Z370 Gaming M5 mobo - MSI GTX1070 Gaming 8GB - 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2600MHz 4x8GB - CM ML240L RGB 240mm AIO - 240GB NVME, 480GB SSD, 240GB SSD, 2TB HDD, 1TB HDD - Corsair RM750x PSU - Silverstone PM02

Media Server: Intel G4400 - MSI Z270 Gaming Plus - 4GB RAM - 600GB WD Raptor - 10TB RAID5 - CM HAF932

Surface Pro 4: Intel i7 6650U - 8GB RAM - 256GB SSD

Dell Latitude E6530: Intel i7 3520M - 8GB DDR3 - Nvidia NVS 5200M 1GB - 300GB HDD

NAS: Netgear ReadyNAS NV+ v2 4TB 

I actually really like seeing how far and wide the gamer/ tech enthusiast demographic stretches, it seems to be the great unifier ? age, income, education level: all make no difference in this genre it seems.

Im also glad I’m not the only one who misses the old LTT homely feeling. I know it’s a tall order given their direction these days but I would love that feeling back.

Even in their new sets, they are designed like high-end: high-income kitchens and living rooms (very clinical feeling too) when the core of their viewers are millennials and younger who don’t have that sort of lifestyle so it makes sense that we find their sets, style and approach different now because they related to us more when they seemed like a load of funny bros in a house together.

5 minutes ago, rmurph17 said:

viewers

Yup there is just so many video's they can do that is why you are seeing a lot of "filler" videos that just fill the spaces between whatever important stuff is coming out from the various companies. Click bait and silly faces sell.