Wierd Wired issue

RasmusDC

well bought a new house, so lost my 5/5Gbit line, and is down to 1/1Gbit again.

so have pulled my PFSense system apart, and optimized my system for 1/1gbit, the house had Cat5E in the walls. 

Running my ISP´s router in bridge mode, into an UBNT Edgemax 4 router, that divides into a US-8 with POE Passthrough to a UBNT NANO HD wireless, i have 1Gbit link in ALL my Wired connectors in the whole house.

My server is located in the room where the FIBER, and the equipment is setup, a Speedtest says 950/950 Mbit, so i guess it is the 1Gbit Interface card that eats the 50mbit, but that is fine.

but now the fun issues arrive, if i go to my office, on my main pc, on an Intel NIC onboard, and test i get 400-500/950Mbit, so lost 1/2 of my download.

i have 1000/1000 Mbit Link, so my guess was the cable was wrong, but i can send directly from the server with 110+MB/sec stable.

tried just using the ISP router, using a AC68 using the Edgemax. tried a new NIC (same as in server).

i can see the speedtest starts fizzling towards 1gbit, but then slowly throttles, to maybe 200mbit which averages to around the 400-500mbit, so it seems like i DO get burst speeds of 1gbit.

the only thing could be the cable? it is a BITCH to exchange.

i have put two new Cat6 shielded connectors in each end of the cable, in the wall mounts, to see if that had anything to say.. no dice. 

it is actually the first house i have had in a long time, that actually has a good ground setup, not something into a radiator, the whole electrical system is grounded through a spear into the ground, and then 3 wires in all power outlets. and alle the equipment has 3 pol wirering.

so it should be okay