headset keeps disconnecting

adzygamer15

Hey all, I have a Razer Kraken 7.1 chroma headset and while gaming/watching youtube it just disconnects and reconnects but sometimes it will keep doing it and nothing will happen. I've tried plugging it into front and back USB and a USB hub and nothing works. Any recommendations on how to fix?

You may have a damage cable. When sound fade out, just move the  cable , it will tell you if the cable is damage, if the sound come back.

If you've got a soldering iron you can cut the cord and replace it. Depending on how they've designed it or could be as easy as coping the cable near the headset and soldering a replacement. Otherwise if the USB circuitry is in the connector you will likely have to cut the cable at the connector. Chip a small pics of the dangling cable and recorder it to the circuit board inside the connector (potentially very hard)

Or you could open up the headset and bypass the USB portion and add a 3.5mm socket. That way you'll have a detachable cable. Then get a usb soundcard. 

That's what I've done before anyway. 

45 minutes ago, Zmax said:

You may have a damage cable. When sound fade out, just move the  cable , it will tell you if the cable is damage, if the sound come back.

19 minutes ago, r4tch3t said:

If you've got a soldering iron you can cut the cord and replace it. Depending on how they've designed it or could be as easy as coping the cable near the headset and soldering a replacement. Otherwise if the USB circuitry is in the connector you will likely have to cut the cable at the connector. Chip a small pics of the dangling cable and recorder it to the circuit board inside the connector (potentially very hard)

Or you could open up the headset and bypass the USB portion and add a 3.5mm socket. That way you'll have a detachable cable. Then get a usb soundcard. 

That's what I've done before anyway. 

without doing anything myself, should I bring it to someone or just buy a new one?

@adzygamer15

If you know someone that is into electronics ask them if they can do it. Taking it to a shop will likely be a similar price to a new headset. 

If you don't know anyone that can fix them I'd suggest selling them cheap. A maker person can then get a good deal on a decent headset and they won't end up in the trash.