Rate my Build

BojanM

I built this last night took a while to set up the monitors(looking for any good 2nd and 3rd monitor pls recommend)Drivers and stuff is confusing for me sometimes.

PC Specs:

CPU: i7-6700

GPU:Nvidia GTX 1060ti

MOBO:ASRock's Z170 

RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16Gb Ddr4

SSD: /

HDD: /

Ssd and hdd are not there bcs i am running it on some old hdd if you guys can recommend whats better for me to get a 2 pair of 60gb,1tb hdd or 60gb ssd and 3tb hdd.

I am going to use this pc for gaming and light video edditing for my channel.

P.S. i am still waiting for my standing desk and wall noise blockers.

Thanks.

-Bojan

20181028_233247.jpg

3 hours ago, BojanM said:

I built this last night took a while to set up the monitors(looking for any good 2nd and 3rd monitor pls recommend)Drivers and stuff is confusing for me sometimes.

PC Specs:

Ssd and hdd are not there bcs i am running it on some old hdd if you guys can recommend whats better for me to get a 2 pair of 60gb,1tb hdd or 60gb ssd and 3tb hdd.

Thanks.

-Bojan

I rate it 8/10. It's a very nice setup and I recommend getting a 60GB SSD and 3TB HDD. It would make the setup 8.5/10. I would put Windows on the 60GB SSD and everything else on the 3TB HDD. I'd also upgrade to Windows 10 as Windows 7 is getting outdated. I know Windows 7 is a lot better but as you have newer PC parts it will definitely help to get Windows 10. 

Well for my purposes its really enough i dont own any femanding games so its fine whit me :D

21 minutes ago, BojanM said:

GTX 1060ti

0/10 that's not a real GPU

/s

22 minutes ago, BojanM said:

Get yourself a Corsair force mp500 and a Western digital blue 2tb drive. That will last you long time.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, BojanM said:

Well for my purposes its really enough i dont own any demanding games so its fine whit me :D

Make sure you quote people so they know who you're talking to

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Kiyometa said:

I second 1kv on the ssd and hard drive option. If you haven't used an SSD as a boot drive before, it will change your life.

I know they are really fast but my boot time on this pc is around 30-35 sec but does it matter if i dont have any video that i want to edit on the ssd i thought they have to be on the ssd for it to use its capability?

2 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

0/10 that's not a real GPU

/s

Get yourself a Corsair force mp500 and a Western digital blue 2tb drive. That will last you long time.

3 minutes ago, BojanM said:

Well for my purposes its really enough i dont own any femanding games so its fine whit me :D

Really, it doesn't matter too much WHICH ssd you get, just don't go too cheap. If you get one without a controller on it though you will regret it.

That being said, the Corsair force mp500 fasauceome is a decent one.

11 minutes ago, asus killer said:

1060ti?! ?

i just realised my typo its 1070 not 1060

5 minutes ago, BojanM said:

I know they are really fast but my boot time on this pc is around 30-35 sec but does it matter if i dont have any video that i want to edit on the ssd i thought they have to be on the ssd for it to use its capability?

Well the biggest problem is the size of the SSD you metioned. if your getting an SSD THAT small, there is no way you can actually do much of anything on it. By speeding up your boot time and other windows processes, it will free up your hard drive to focus on your video editing/gaming.
From my own experience, loading times on an HDD that has nothing else to do isn't too bad.

Just now, BojanM said:

yeees ??

Well the GTX 1070 and the GTX 1070ti are two very different cards is all.

1 minute ago, Kiyometa said:

Well the GTX 1070 and the GTX 1070ti are two very different cards is all.

just 1070

Could i get my answer  /10 ? 

I have things to do ?

1540769155227-1809355681.jpg

2 hours ago, BojanM said:

Could i get my answer  /10 ? 

I have things to do ?

As a gaming rig, 9/10 for a balanced build. You could easily get away with using this computer for a few years with no problems. Also, I'm guessing you don't have a high refresh rate monitor anyway.
I am unqualified to rate it as a video editing station.

16 minutes ago, Kiyometa said:

As a gaming rig, 9/10 for a balanced build. You could easily get away with using this computer for a few years with no problems. Also, I'm guessing you don't have a high refresh rate monitor anyway.
I am unqualified to rate it as a video editing station.

Thanks and its a 120hz panel(the big one) but the other one is 60hz

On 10/28/2018 at 6:54 PM, BojanM said:

PC Specs:

Thanks.

-Bojan

20181028_233247.jpg

A 1060 ti? I’m rocking a Vega 56 ti. It runs about the same speed as a rtx  2080 ti when overclocked.

On 11/2/2018 at 2:26 AM, Mugenjynn said:

A 1060 ti? I’m rocking a Vega 56 ti. It runs about the same speed as a rtx  2080 ti when overclocked.

I said before i mixed them up its a 1070 and why do i care that you run your Vega 56 "ti" same speed as 2080ti when overclocked ?

2 hours ago, BojanM said:

I said before i mixed them up its a 1070 and why do i care that you run your Vega 56 "ti" same speed as 2080ti when overclocked ?

6E53420E-D950-4E1E-8775-69C93673822D.jpeg

On 10/29/2018 at 6:08 AM, asus killer said:

1060ti?! ?

I second ? this..

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs: