Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Firefox using too much memory

lorcav123
 Share

Why the firefox is using so much memory per tab? It is updated to latest version (Firefox quantum 63.0). Firefox or windows problem?

firefox.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Use Edge.

Or Chrome.

Never, ever Firefox.

Just my opinion.

Unless it is for a specific reason.

 

But how much memory do you have in total?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, lorcav123 said:

Why the firefox is using so much memory per tab? It is updated to latest version (Firefox quantum 63.0). Firefox or windows problem?

1

It depends on what you have open. For me, it uses up 1.6Gb RAM with the forum and Twitch open.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Those are not tabs, they're processes. There is not a 1:1 correspondence between tabs and processes.

 

And the memory use depends a lot on what sites you're visiting.

 

5 minutes ago, Jack Rollins said:

Use Edge.

Or Chrome.

Never, ever Firefox.

Just my opinion.

Unless it is for a specific reason.

 

But how much memory do you have in total?

Nonsense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jack Rollins said:

 

Use firefox.

Or Opera.

Never, ever Chrome.

Just my opinion.

Unless it is for a specific reason

 

everyone has it's own opinion XD

 

to the OP: My firefox, also latest version is using way less. probably the site that you have open need a lot of ram.

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

had this with my cpu too, the more you have, the more you'll get for faster load times. but try to reinstall and maybe it will use less

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Jack Rollins said:

Use Edge.

Or Chrome.

Never, ever Firefox.

Just my opinion.

Unless it is for a specific reason.

 

But how much memory do you have in total?

Chrome is just as bad. Edge is a laugh :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Edge uses more memory too. In the end i prefer Firefox. It uses less CPU than Chrome which in turn keeps my laptops heat down.

Chillin like a boss.

 

 

Screenshot (10).png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Glennieboyyy007 said:

Never, ever Chrome.

I just noticed earlier, Chrome takes up 264 MiB with >330 files, Firefox 150 MiB <100 files, what's up with that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

It uses whatever it needs. Do you see "out of memory" somewhere? Or slowdown browser? No? That means it using it good. You paid for that ram, so use it, unless you paid for free, unused ram only.

 

It's not that Firefox uses all of your ram. If you'll need more free ram, system will manage it proper and free some from Firefox using pagefile for example.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

And what also strange when in firefox I reload all tabs cpu usage will jump to 100% for a couple of seconds. Shitty browser.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, lorcav123 said:

And what also strange when in firefox I reload all tabs cpu usage will jump to 100% for a couple of seconds. Shitty browser.

That's perfectly normal behavior. When you launch anything or even just move your mouse around quickly it will jump up.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

That's perfectly normal behavior. When you launch anything or even just move your mouse around quickly it will jump up.

I just did this in opera and yes, it jump for 1-2 seconds to high cpu usage but in firefox it last 7-8 seconds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, lorcav123 said:

I just did this in opera and yes, it jump for 1-2 seconds to high cpu usage but in firefox it last 7-8 seconds.

Well, if you don't like Firefox then, why don't you use something else?

I personally really liked Chrome and Chromium based browsers but, they tend to use up much more CPU than Firefox so, that's why I'm using it.

Why did you switch to Firefox?

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't understand people, really. They buy powerfull CPU and complain that it is used by programs. They buy 16GB of ram and want to use only 5% of it.

Come on! Busy CPU is good, high ram usage is good. You paid for that! Windows and programs uses resources for better and faster work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Cyberspirit said:

Well, if you don't like Firefox then, why don't you use something else?

I personally really liked Chrome and Chromium based browsers but, they tend to use up much more CPU than Firefox so, that's why I'm using it.

Why did you switch to Firefox? 

Firefox before this quantum version didn`t use much memory as far as I noticed. I been using firefox for more than 8+ years, I guess I have to switch. I installed Vivaldi and is using very low memory. Btw great customizable browser.

56 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

I can't understand people, really. They buy powerfull CPU and complain that it is used by programs. They buy 16GB of ram and want to use only 5% of it.

Come on! Busy CPU is good, high ram usage is good. You paid for that! Windows and programs uses resources for better and faster work. 

I didn`t bought 2x8gb of ram and ryzen CPU just to feed a shitty unoptimised program.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, lorcav123 said:

Firefox before this quantum version didn`t use much memory as far as I noticed. I been using firefox for more than 8+ years, I guess I have to switch. I installed Vivaldi and is using very low memory. Btw great customizable browser.

Yeah, Vivaldi is a great browser. I used to use it on my old PC cuz' Chrome took up too much horsepower.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×