Broken LED TV

Not sure if this is the right place to ask stuff like this but basically my TV runs for a short while perfectly but with a small buzzing noise then you see a flicker then the display cuts out , I believe it is the backlight inverter because if I shine a torch over the screen I can see a faint image , problem is I can only see a power board , a main board and a tlc board , my TV is : bush led40127fhdcntd. , Is there anyone who could help me out , I'm fine with opening the TV as I've already done so 

15 minutes ago, MrScottishGamer said:

Not sure if this is the right place to ask stuff like this but basically my TV runs for a short while perfectly but with a small buzzing noise then you see a flicker then the display cuts out , I believe it is the backlight inverter because if I shine a torch over the screen I can see a faint image , problem is I can only see a power board , a main board and a tlc board , my TV is : bush led40127fhdcntd. , Is there anyone who could help me out , I'm fine with opening the TV as I've already done so 

I'd check the caps on the board 1st, those are typically cut rate. I've fixed several systems by replacing 25cent caps.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

10 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

I'd check the caps on the board 1st, those are typically cut rate. I've fixed several systems by replacing 25cent caps.

How would I go about doing that? , I'm new to this stuff 

47 minutes ago, MrScottishGamer said:

How would I go about doing that? , I'm new to this stuff 

Open the TV, look for bad caps. If you find any, de-solder them and replace with identical known good ones.

See examples here

https://www.google.com/search?newwindow=1&hl=en&authuser=0&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1745&bih=857&ei=1nDTW5LLHKqMggehmZG4BA&q=bad+capacitor&oq=bad+cap&gs_l=img.3.0.0l10.1001.2730..3979...0.0..0.92.482.7......2....1..gws-wiz-img.....0.ChFKCE3KlMg

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

On 10/26/2018 at 8:54 PM, Radium_Angel said:

Hi I’ve had a look and can’t see anything bad with my own eyes that looks odd , maybe you might spot something I didn’t , here’s some photos , thanks for the help before btw , its well appreciated

6F62D122-9AAA-4033-8A48-5F5CA4A56996.jpeg

5F5A2BED-2C56-41FF-99CD-7A503146AA91.jpeg

857674BB-7D66-4F1B-A8C3-A2ACEC22DCC9.jpeg

595D18F4-FD73-42B6-A68E-64F99E30A53F.jpeg

43CBD182-FF3C-4F76-B483-F7C194E0BB15.jpeg

42 minutes ago, MrScottishGamer said:

Hi I’ve had a look and can’t see anything bad with my own eyes that looks odd , maybe you might spot something I didn’t , here’s some photos , thanks for the help before btw , its well appreciated

That board looks good. Can you get me pics of the other board?

The buzzing is not a good sign, that may be the actual power supply going bad, and the ability to fix that is over my head

1 hour ago, Radium_Angel said:

That board looks good. Can you get me pics of the other board?

The buzzing is not a good sign, that may be the actual power supply going bad, and the ability to fix that is over my head

Hi , the pictures from before seem to be the power supply because that’s where the mains cable is connected , here’s some pictures of the other boards and the tv as a whole

DC754849-5B9A-4A47-8D73-E8D0C7C16D02.jpeg

7628CC27-63F1-48F1-A0F4-8B25BE40E121.jpeg

E444443D-FACB-464C-B9BA-9E46B01341B7.jpeg

6912CEBA-08E8-4506-91B6-A76E0B04CEEA.jpeg

613F33D4-F61C-443F-8C83-A7A642A7B8FB.jpeg

A08DA8AE-56FB-45BF-BBA9-B06C5CD8600C.jpeg

10 minutes ago, MrScottishGamer said:

Hi , the pictures from before seem to be the power supply because that’s where the mains cable is connected , here’s some pictures of the other boards and the tv as a whole

Well, nothing looks obviously broken, but that's the trick with electronics isn't it? No moving parts.

You can try to replace the inverter board, but I don't know how much one is in your area, nor if it's cost effective to do, but you can start there if it's cheap enough.

16 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Well, nothing looks obviously broken, but that's the trick with electronics isn't it? No moving parts.

You can try to replace the inverter board, but I don't know how much one is in your area, nor if it's cost effective to do, but you can start there if it's cheap enough.

I don’t believe it has a dedicated inverter board because as far as my research has gone the only boards are the power board , the board with the ports and the tlc board , I’m honestly stumped at this point lmao

1 hour ago, MrScottishGamer said:

I don’t believe it has a dedicated inverter board because as far as my research has gone the only boards are the power board , the board with the ports and the tlc board , I’m honestly stumped at this point lmao

Then start with the power board. It's been my admittedly limited experience fixing TVs that it's almost always a bad power supply causing issues.

On 10/26/2018 at 2:37 PM, MrScottishGamer said:

I looked around on ebay, and the parts do exist to replace the boards, but it's gonna set you back a minimum of 50$ for the power board, and if that's not the issue, then the next board and the next and so on and it'll be close to 200$ for all the new boards and for that money, you might as well buy a new TV.

2 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

I looked around on ebay, and the parts do exist to replace the boards, but it's gonna set you back a minimum of 50$ for the power board, and if that's not the issue, then the next board and the next and so on and it'll be close to 200$ for all the new boards and for that money, you might as well buy a new TV.

Hiya thanks for all the help , i can find the power boards for as cheap as £18 in my the uk which is relatively cheap , might pick one up comepltley out of curiosity , I got the TV for free so I cant complain if I don't get it fixed 

52 minutes ago, MrScottishGamer said:

Hiya thanks for all the help , i can find the power boards for as cheap as £18 in my the uk which is relatively cheap , might pick one up comepltley out of curiosity , I got the TV for free so I cant complain if I don't get it fixed 

Yeah free is good, and that price isn't too bad. Start with the power board, move to the inverter (if you can find one) and probably stop after that...