Noctua included cables slowing down fanspeed?

Mainfold

I've been noticing lately, that it seems like the combination of the Y-splitter and extension cable you get in the packages of Noctua fans, have a tendency to slow down fanspeed by around 30%(or 1/3rd ish).

In this case, it's with the NF-S12A's that should be perfectly capable of running at 1200rpm's, they run at around 800-780rpm on max fanspeed.

But previously the same fans were running at optimal speed, when not utilizing the extension cable (no, they're not using the short low noise adapter).

..but, in that case, they were running as CHA_FAN3, and now are running as CHA_FAN4 (and here's where it got a bit odd):

The fans that were previously running as CHA_FAN4 (NF-F12's), are now running as CHA_FAN3, but at the same speed they were previously as CHA_FAN4.

So, I'd say it's not a motherboard-issue, and it shouldn't be a case issue, as the 900D shouldn't be exactly lowering fan speed in specific location and such.

Anyone encountered this before? Could it be a somewhat faulty wire?

"Hidden optical drive, crouching PC-builder."

Are you sure you're not using the (U)LNA?

because that sounds a lot like a ULNA.

(no, they're not using the short low noise adapter).

sorry i cant read

Error: 410

Are you sure you're not using the (U)LNA?

because that sounds a lot like a ULNA.

sorry i cant read

hah, didn't even have to point it out

Are you using another fan with the Y-splitter or are you just using it for the extra length? 

It could be that the extra cable length is adding some resistance and the motherboard's not able to deliver enough power. If you can, try using a molex to 3-pin adapter and try running them off the PSU

Are you using another fan with the Y-splitter or are you just using it for the extra length? 

It could be that the extra cable length is adding some resistance and the motherboard's not able to deliver enough power. If you can, try using a molex to 3-pin adapter and try running them off the PSU

As specified earlier, running two fans with Noctua Y-splitter, that goes to extension cable. Previously it was ran with Y-splitter, but not the extension.