Ryan Shrout leaves PCPer and joins... Intel

BroliviaWilde
12 hours ago, Orcblood said:

Honestly I feel Adored came down a little to hard and a bit unreasonable. I've never felt like Ryan was a total Intel shill. Maybe he slightly leaned that way but marginally so. The podcasts he always gave plenty of time to talk about AMD in positive light for example and gave good fair points. I'm a current AMD fanboy who's been one since well before Zen's release saying this(even though there shouldn't exist fanboys and everyone should be objective but with Intel's crap lately I really can't move to the middle). Plus they now have this on all of their reviews since the overblown Adored callout. He/they tried to do right. 

image.png.15ea3b63b63a63a19f02ed5306799ffb.png

BTW can we just acknowledge the fact no-one else does this ^

I remember PCPer did pretty reasonable insight on the RX480 PCIe power consumption and they also had AMD Catalyst guys on the show/interview and they felt pretty neutral to AMD.

Also, many people hating on AdoredTV as AMD fanboy/shill. Dunno, he did quite few videos where he talked favorably about Intel. Just because someone covers one company more extensively, that doesn't mean they are fanboys or shills. I've also worked a lot with AVAST Software and while I kept interaction and discussions about them much more than others, I never denied supremacy of other products if they excelled. Like for example it's very hard to deny Bitdefender and Kaspersky's performance if someone asks me about it. Adored is like that. He covers AMD extensively, but he won't deny things where Intel is good at. At least that's how I perceived his videos.

2 hours ago, RejZoR said:

I remember PCPer did pretty reasonable insight on the RX480 PCIe power consumption and they also had AMD Catalyst guys on the show/interview and they felt pretty neutral to AMD.

Also, many people hating on AdoredTV as AMD fanboy/shill. Dunno, he did quite few videos where he talked favorably about Intel. Just because someone covers one company more extensively, that doesn't mean they are fanboys or shills. I've also worked a lot with AVAST Software and while I kept interaction and discussions about them much more than others, I never denied supremacy of other products if they excelled. Like for example it's very hard to deny Bitdefender and Kaspersky's performance if someone asks me about it. Adored is like that. He covers AMD extensively, but he won't deny things where Intel is good at. At least that's how I perceived his videos.

If I recall right PcPer were the ones who broke that rx480 story. Guess one could argue they broke it to throw crap on AMD but I never got that feeling. I just felt like they happened to notice the issue and then did their good journalistic duties of reporting it and nothing more. Everyone including AMD verified it was a problem and than AMD corrected it with software. 

That's why I still watch Adored's videos. He is most of the time justified in calling out bs. I just thinking he happened to handle this particular thing with PcPer not so great. I probably sound like a PcPer shill now though I'm probably a bigger fan of Adored than PcPer. Gamers Nexus is the real tech mvp though imo :) I just want people to be objective and fair about things and not let raw emotions and popular hype get in the way. Anyway probably all the more I'm going to say on this. Best wishes to PcPer and Ryan. 

I mean, if someone broke RX480 PCIe power issues, it's not because they wanted to throw shit at AMD, it's because it was a legit issue. It's not like anyone can just talk to the AMD directly and they'll acknowledge it. Hell, reporting a bug usually means months of nothingness if ever anyone bothers to respond and fix. But if you break free a story and people talk about it, any company will get your attention way sooner. Journalists in general should be the ones protecting the consumers. And that was the case here. Them bringing the issue to larger audience meant people were aware of it and AMD was forced to acknowledge and fix it. One may be a fanboy of one or the other camp, but in the end, it was for our own good in general which is great. More of this stuff should be happening. Objective criticism is great tool to up the quality. Hell, sometimes even subjective criticism is good if you use good arguments to back the subjective claims/opinions.