Headphone Recommendations Under $50?

Enigmadtop

Hi All,

I never used headphones before, but I am not in the market for some since my old earphones finally gave out. I'm still a student so budget is a bit of an issue, but I would like headphones that are comfortable because I tried out some HD 201s before, but my ears kept touching the headphones and the experience was uncomfortable.

I have been looking around and I have seen top recommendations for the JVC HA-RX700 and the Panasonic RP-HTF600-S. I listen to a lot of pop, alternative, and acoustic music.

I added some of the more popular headphones I've been seeing in a poll, but I would love to hear your guys' recommendations for comfortable sub-$50 headphones. Thank you in advance!

the corsair raptor line is pretty good if your on a budget.

CPU: i5 3570K @4.5GHz    GPU: R9 290   MOBO: ASUS p8z77-v  RAM: 8Gb corsair vengence   CASE: ARC MIDI  PSU: XFX pro 550W  HDD: 2tb segate baracuda

the corsair raptor line is pretty good if your on a budget.

he said headphones not headset

You can never go wrong with Sennheiser. 

Yes Sennheiser is great but i bought a pair of Sennheiser 429 which is a step up from the ones that are up there. They were the worst headphones i ever used returned them as soon as i could. They didn't sound any better than generic headphones and they felt like there were going to break.

Case: Corsair white 600T | Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | CPU: intel i5-357OK oc to 4.3 | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i | Graphics Card: Evga 660 Ti FTW signature 2 | Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GBPower supply: ModXstream-pro 600W | SSD: Samsung 840 Series | Keyboard: Corsair K70Mouse: Corsair M65 | MonitorAsus VS228H-P 22-inch | 2nd Monitor:  Viewsonic 22 inch-LED 3rd Monitor: LG 32 inch tv | Mic: audio-technica AT2020 USB | Headset 1:  Audio technica ATH-M50s | Headset 2: Corsair Vengeance 2000.

I see Pioneer SE-A1000s recommended a lot in that price range. 

Thanks for the suggestion Nanner, but I'm looking for something with more of a closed ear design so I can listen to music while I'm in coffee shops without disturbing my neighbors too much.

I read reviews on those Pioneers right after you suggested them though and they get some really great ratings  :D

The HD 419s seem to be pretty solid, except for that thin cable that is.

How prone are thin cables to damage? I'm probably not going to be walking around with my headphones, I'm just going to be using them when im sitting down at a desk.

Koss Porta Pro if you don't mind open headphones.

edit: nvm, go with the panasonic.

Enjoy those tacos now, for in 1000 years they will be illegal... eh Ha Ha Ha! I think we all know why.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give tacos ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Poker 2 KB Review

Someone recommended me the Sennheiser HD 202's for this same question and they arrived today and they're the most comfortable headphones I've worn :P so I'd deffo recommend them for sub $50.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball