Question about wifi signal

Car712

Ok so this question is not particularly about anything of mine personally, but of a certain room at my school. I am determined to figure this out, as so many people who have this class with me have had many issues with the Wifi connection in this room.

The issue is, the room is fairly small, or medium sized, and our school uses Aruba Networks access points (Enterprise grade basically), there is one for the whole room. Anyways, what will happen is that that the 'signal' bars of the Wifi will be fine, but many many many times my own and other peoples projects have been corrupted after being uploaded to the cloud. (We are using a program that you basically run online, and you can save the file to their cloud server or your browser storage).

The really odd part? It depends where you are in this small/medium sized room, it has been found that certain spots will usually lead to your project being corrupted... This surprises me that a *enterprise grade* access point that should be able to serve this space perfectly, cant. Especially when at my house, where the basement ceiling is concrete, and you still get full wifi signal, from the *consumer grade* router that is one floor up.

Does anyone have any ideas as to *why* this would happen?

5 minutes ago, bobbyd52 said:

Ok so this question is not particularly about anything of mine personally, but of a certain room at my school. I am determined to figure this out, as so many people who have this class with me have had many issues with the Wifi connection in this room.

The issue is, the room is fairly small, or medium sized, and our school uses Aruba Networks access points (Enterprise grade basically), there is one for the whole room. Anyways, what will happen is that that the 'signal' bars of the Wifi will be fine, but many many many times my own and other peoples projects have been corrupted after being uploaded to the cloud. (We are using a program that you basically run online, and you can save the file to their cloud server or your browser storage).

The really odd part? It depends where you are in this small/medium sized room, it has been found that certain spots will usually lead to your project being corrupted... This surprises me that a *enterprise grade* access point that should be able to serve this space perfectly, cant. Especially when at my house, where the basement floor is concrete, and you still get full wifi signal, from the *consumer grade* router that is one floor up.

Inteference with a microwave? Also even if a basement has a concrete floor. The ceiling isn't. 

2 minutes ago, H20Burner said:

Inteference with a microwave? Also even if a basement has a concrete floor. The ceiling isn't. 

Meant to say ceiling, whoops heh! (if you are wondering why, my house is *very* old)

6 minutes ago, bobbyd52 said:

This surprises me that a *enterprise grade* access point that should be able to serve this space perfectly, cant. Especially when at my house, where the basement floor is concrete, and you still get full wifi signal, from the *consumer grade* router that is one floor up.

Physics doesn't care that a radio wave came from a enterprise or consumer grade router. And in fact, what separates the two is the software, not the hardware (usually). So if you have a ton of sources of interference, it will screw with the signal quality.

The other thing is that the stats of Wi-Fi networks that systems report is typically from what it can gather from the beacon frame. It doesn't indicate the quality of the actual network.