Speaker cable

Reece565

I have a set of Logitech z906 

I need to get some longer speaker wires, I don't know what ones to get, it says the current ones are 18 gauge, the ones I look at on Amazon don't look the same as the current ones though , do you know what ones I need, preferably on uk Amazon 

Thx 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=18+guage+speaker+wire&_sacat=0

Find one of these the right length and that doesn't have shipping of 150 quid (maybe they meant 15 idk) and get it. Pretty much any 18 gauge wire should do, but if its specifically labelled as speaker then that's a safe bet

I make intelligent lights do cool things

I did buy some 16 gauge speaker wire (this was before I knew i needed 18) i plugged it all in and the speakers make that noise (like when you touch a aux cable) but the sound didn't work, so I tried the original cable and it did, should the 16 gauge work or not ? @YaBoiWill

Thx 

as far as I know, the gauge is the thickness of the wire, so I don't see why it should, but iv never used speaker wire as what is needed here, I only have experience with XLR which is standardised. 

was the noise the speakers made a pop or gunshot-like sound, or a humming sound (this was the best I could come up with) 

If its a pop, then this would suggest that a connector to the amp (in this case the sub) is not connected properly, if it was like a humming sound then it would suggest something wrong with the wire(s)

I make intelligent lights do cool things