WiFi Card?

Hi there, I'm using a D-Link DIR615 router flashed with DD-WRT acting as a client to my EE Bright Box (maybe switch it out for my WR1043ND?). The Bright Box is downstairs whereas the DIR615 is upstairs with my computer, I've got a CAT5 lead running from my DIR615 to my computer to give my computer access to the internet. I get a 23ms ping with this setup as shown in this image:

3198163488.png

I'd like to lower my ping if possible. Would switching out the Bright Box for my WR1043ND help? Would switching out my DIR615 for a PCI wireless card help (or maybe even the WR1043ND)? I'd like to switch out my DIR615 so I can actually use 5Ghz dual-band capabilities.

What would you recommend? Thanks in advance.

well... your internet speed makes mine look like shit...

Case: Corsair 460X RGB bby, CPU: I5 8600K, Motherboard: MSI B360M PRO-VDH, RAM: 8GB Hyper X 2400MHz , Graphics Card: GTX1060 6GB, PSU: Corsair RM750x,

Cooler: BEQuiet!  Pure Rock Slim SSD: Kingston 240GB, HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda

Hi there, I'm using a D-Link DIR615 router flashed with DD-WRT acting as a client to my EE Bright Box (maybe switch it out for my WR1043ND?). The Bright Box is downstairs whereas the DIR615 is upstairs with my computer, I've got a CAT5 lead running from my DIR615 to my computer to give my computer access to the internet. I get a 23ms ping with this setup as shown in this image:

3198163488.png

I'd like to lower my ping if possible. Would switching out the Bright Box for my WR1043ND help? Would switching out my DIR615 for a PCI wireless card help (or maybe even the WR1043ND)? I'd like to switch out my DIR615 so I can actually use 5Ghz dual-band capabilities.

What would you recommend? Thanks in advance.

well... your internet speed makes mine look like shit...

Yeah my speed pales in comparison. What you need the lower ping for?

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

The easiest way to lower ping is to either migrate to 5GHz, use powerline or ethernet.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy