No signal to peripherals from PC, only sometimes

KRR4N

Sometimes when I boot my PC up, the fans and LEDs will turn on. However, peripherals and monitor do not receive a signal from the PC. I also don't think the hard drive is spinning either. In order to make it work, I would have to force shutdown using the button and boot it up again.

When my PC powers on my peripherals, it usually takes 5-10 seconds for it to give off a signal after I press the button.

My main concern is if this problem would damage my PC in the long term.

Specs: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xYRzyX

It's normal that you need 5 seconds to turn off after power on.

But it's not normal that you see nothing and hear nothing (no error beeps). It may be damaged motherboard (probably) or bad PSU (30%). Or just re-attach wires and GPU.

1 minute ago, homeap5 said:

It's normal that you need 5 seconds to turn off after power on.

But it's not normal that you see nothing and hear nothing (no error beeps). It may be damaged motherboard (probably) or bad PSU (30%). Or just re-attach wires and GPU.

If I don't replace the damaged parts, would it damage other parts or if I upgrade some parts?

Not really. It depends on many factors, but if problem is not PSU then you should be safe. BUT if problem IS PSU, then you should replace it asap. First check cables, ram, GPU etc. It cost nothing.

9 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Not really. It depends on many factors, but if problem is not PSU then you should be safe. BUT if problem IS PSU, then you should replace it asap. First check cables, ram, GPU etc. It cost nothing.

Ok

30 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

I forgot to ask, how long would a damaged motherboard last?

Im new to PC building sorry

If works sometimes - who knows. But usually broken parts have not long lifespan.

4 hours ago, homeap5 said:

If works sometimes - who knows. But usually broken parts have not long lifespan.

I just reseated my ram and it is now at 2133mhz and 4gb is reserved to hardware! What?