Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking for a good case

reese2778

I'm looking for a case for a new build. I need support for EATX, good air flow, and room for a custom water cooling loop with two 2080 Ti's and (preferably) two 240mm or bigger radiators. I'm not going for a theme, but the PC will be very visible so looks are also a priority. Any suggestions are appreciated. 

Edit: part list

MSI MEG Z390 Godlike

i9-9900k

2080Ti (I'll add a 2nd in the near future)

32GB G.skills Ripjaws V @ 3200

Corsair H150i (temporary, I'll be doing a custom loop soon)

Edited by reese2778

6 minutes ago, reese2778 said:

I'm looking for a case for a new build. I'm still making some final decisions on what's going in it right now, but down the road I'm planning on doing a custom loop with dual graphics cards, so I need plenty of room, good radiator mounting options, and good airflow. I'm not going for a theme, but the PC will be very visible so looks are also a priority. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Are you building a whole new PC?

If so what budget/country and monitor resolution/refresh rate? And what do you need the PC for?

How big do you need the case?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

3 hours ago, Streetguru said:

Are you building a whole new PC?

If so what budget/country and monitor resolution/refresh rate? And what do you need the PC for?

How big do you need the case?

It is a new build, but right now I'm only looking for suggestions for the case. As I said above it needs to fit an EATX mobo with plenty of room for water cooling, because in the near future I plan on having two 2080 Ti's and the CPU on a full custom loop, with preferably two radiators. I'll be editing the original post with the full list of parts I'm planning for the build soon. I'm in the US, and as for budget I'd prefer to spend less than $200 on the case, but if it has everything I need and looks good I'd have no problem spending more.

7 hours ago, reese2778 said:

Edit: part list

MSI MEG Z390 Godlike

i9-9900k

2080Ti (I'll add a 2nd in the near future)

32GB G.skills Ripjaws V @ 3200

Corsair H150i (temporary, I'll be doing a custom loop soon)

Define R6/S2?

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/8Tjypg

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/7gCbt6

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/64GG3C?comment_sort=oldest

Image result for define r6 SLI

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

6 hours ago, reese2778 said:

I sure hope you're using that on a 4k 120hz display

Just get a Thermaltake Core X9
1832666816_CoreX9.jpg.ae13818d7ac737a500b995a48ce65a91.jpg

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

9 hours ago, Streetguru said:

I sure hope you're using that on a 4k 120hz display

Just get a Thermaltake Core X9
1832666816_CoreX9.jpg.ae13818d7ac737a500b995a48ce65a91.jpg

I'll have to look into builds people have done with that, see how I feel, but it definitely has what I need. And I'm planning on having a 1440p 144hz ultrawide for online gaming and a 5K 60hz ultrawide for movies and singleplayer games. 

5 minutes ago, reese2778 said:

I'll have to look into builds people have done with that, see how I feel, but it definitely has what I need. And I'm planning on having a 1440p 144hz ultrawide for online gaming and a 5K 60hz ultrawide for movies and singleplayer games. 

6 minutes ago, reese2778 said:

5K 60hz ultrawide

You only need a single 2080ti for 1440p and it's already overkill

I don't think they make 21:9 5K displays, even if they did it really wouldn't be necessary.

Spoiler

5 hours ago, Streetguru said:

You only need a single 2080ti for 1440p and it's already overkill

I don't think they make 21:9 5K displays, even if they did it really wouldn't be necessary.

LG has a 5K 60hz ultrawide, and I know one 2080 Ti is enough, but I'm waiting for a 5K 100hz ultrawide to come out in the next few years, and since I'll be doing a custom hardline loop I want all the components I'll be using for the foreseeable future installed so I dont have to make any changes to the loop down the line. 

Edit: 5K ultrawide

https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-34WK95U-W-ultrawide-monitor

Edited by reese2778

10 hours ago, reese2778 said:

Core X9 is honestly too large unless you're planning on going crazy overkill with radiators.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

16 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Core X9 is honestly too large unless you're planning on going crazy overkill with radiators.

Maybe, but I have the room for it on my desks, and I wouldn't have to worry about space for a hardline loop. I'm also considering a few other cases, like the Define R6 you suggested. I planning on looking up measurements later and doing some math to see how much room I would have with some of the cases I'm considering. 

6 hours ago, reese2778 said:

Maybe, but I have the room for it on my desks, and I wouldn't have to worry about space for a hardline loop. I'm also considering a few other cases, like the Define R6 you suggested. I planning on looking up measurements later and doing some math to see how much room I would have with some of the cases I'm considering. 

Thermaltake makes a lot of other cases that's desk footprints are smaller but can still hold a lot of radiators 

Core X71

Core X5

The Tower 900