No boot or Post Need help please

sloshappy

Long time Linus Tech Tips viewer and forum creeper, first time poster. So a little background (sorry), I bought this computer from a friend who is not computer knowledgeable at all. I know enough to get me in trouble but not a pro by any stretch of the imagination. So I got it home last week after my friend said all the did was reset the pc to factory settings (Windows 10). It wouldn't boot or post. So I got my money back until they had it fixed. They had a friend look at it, and he said he really didnt do anything. mess with the plugs a little and then it started working again. So I bought it again, and it worked for almost 2 days flawlessly. I was downloading so randon stuff, and it BSOD with a irql not less or equal code. As soon as it got to 100% info sent to Windows it froze. I hard restarted it and it again would not post or boot. Just a black screen on my monitor. 

So the next day i took the panel off and reseated the GPU and fiddled with the plugs a little and made sure the ram was in good. Put the panel back on, fired it up and it booted just fine, and the ran good for 2 days. Then yesterday during the day I was on it for a little while, but had to go take care of my father (more on that later) and shut the monitor off and walked away. I came back right before bed to shut it down turned the monitor on there was a blue background up, but no windows BSOD words or anything so i am just assuming a BSOD. Had to hard restart with the case button, same thing. No boot, no post, just a black screen on my monitor like its knows its plugged in but not receiving a signal.

So that brings me to today, I took the case panel off and reseated the GPU, didnt work. I reseated the 1 ram stick i can get to (because the other is under the water cooler radiator and cannot take it apart right now until i get some thermal paste) and still nothing. All the fans spin up and the hard drive runs and makes some noise, but no post or boot. Nothing appears on the monitor. The LED on the motherboard stay constant blue, no beeps or anything no codes to help what so ever. I did watch an old NCIX no post video with Linus and the one he was working on appeared to be having the same issues i am and it was the video card that was the issue. I had to put my life on hold, as well as my finances on hold when my father was diagnosed with Leukemia when we got the treatment bill of 1.2 million dollars. So I do not have the money to have spare parts laying around to swap in (that said i do have an old 7800 Series AMD GPU to use that i know for a fact works, if that helps). So any help would be GREATLY apprecaited seriously. I am a huge fan of Linus Tech Tips, and I know you guys are super knowledgeable about this stuff so I hope I came to the right place! Thank you so much!!

Edit: Forgot to add, I read and tried the guide here on the forums with no results, also I ran Memtest and got no errors the day i got it running (2 days ago).

--- New System ---                                                                                                 ---- Old System FOR SALE ---

X570 Aorus Elite Wifi                                                                                         MSI X99s SLI Plus - Intel i7 5820k

CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 360032GB (2 x 16GB)                                    Radeon XFX R9 200 Series GPU

Ryzen 5600x                                                                                             16GB (4x4) Ballistix Sport DDR4 2400Mhz Ram

Asus Rx580 Dual 8GB (Soon to be 3000 series Nvidia card)

I have not as I dont think the only other one i have will be enough power. But the one in it powered it just fine with no issues for 2 days, after 2 different crashes and no posts. Thats whats tripping me up. It worked great for 2 days. No heating issues or any problems what so ever.

--- New System ---                                                                                                 ---- Old System FOR SALE ---

X570 Aorus Elite Wifi                                                                                         MSI X99s SLI Plus - Intel i7 5820k

CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 360032GB (2 x 16GB)                                    Radeon XFX R9 200 Series GPU

Ryzen 5600x                                                                                             16GB (4x4) Ballistix Sport DDR4 2400Mhz Ram

3 minutes ago, sloshappy said:

Long time Linus Tech Tips viewer and forum creeper, first time poster. So a little background (sorry), I bought this computer from a friend who is not computer knowledgeable at all. I know enough to get me in trouble but not a pro by any stretch of the imagination. So I got it home last week after my friend said all the did was reset the pc to factory settings (Windows 10). It wouldn't boot or post. So I got my money back until they had it fixed. They had a friend look at it, and he said he really didnt do anything. mess with the plugs a little and then it started working again. So I bought it again, and it worked for almost 2 days flawlessly. I was downloading so randon stuff, and it BSOD with a irql not less or equal code. As soon as it got to 100% info sent to Windows it froze. I hard restarted it and it again would not post or boot. Just a black screen on my monitor. 

So the next day i took the panel off and reseated the GPU and fiddled with the plugs a little and made sure the ram was in good. Put the panel back on, fired it up and it booted just fine, and the ran good for 2 days. Then yesterday during the day I was on it for a little while, but had to go take care of my father (more on that later) and shut the monitor off and walked away. I came back right before bed to shut it down turned the monitor on there was a blue background up, but no windows BSOD words or anything so i am just assuming a BSOD. Had to hard restart with the case button, same thing. No boot, no post, just a black screen on my monitor like its knows its plugged in but not receiving a signal.

So that brings me to today, I took the case panel off and reseated the GPU, didnt work. I reseated the 1 ram stick i can get to (because the other is under the water cooler radiator and cannot take it apart right now until i get some thermal paste) and still nothing. All the fans spin up and the hard drive runs and makes some noise, but no post or boot. Nothing appears on the monitor. The LED on the motherboard stay constant blue, no beeps or anything no codes to help what so ever. I did watch an old NCIX no post video with Linus and the one he was working on appeared to be having the same issues i am and it was the video card that was the issue. I had to put my life on hold, as well as my finances on hold when my father was diagnosed with Leukemia when we got the treatment bill of 1.2 million dollars. So I do not have the money to have spare parts laying around to swap in (that said i do have an old 7800 Series AMD GPU to use that i know for a fact works, if that helps). So any help would be GREATLY apprecaited seriously. I am a huge fan of Linus Tech Tips, and I know you guys are super knowledgeable about this stuff so I hope I came to the right place! Thank you so much!!

Are your 24pin mobo and 8 pin CPU cables plugged in properly?

What are your system specs, including PSU model and wattage?

REMILIA Mk.IIIE CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X, Cooler: Arctic Freezer II 240 (Noctua NT-H2), RAM: 4x 8Gb sticks of Patriot Viper Steel Series 3600 CL17, Mobo: AsRock X570 Taichi, GPU: Inno3D RTX 3080 iChill x4 10G, Storage: 1TB Intel 670p NVME SSD boot drive, a few 1TB and 512gb SATA/NVME SSDs for game storage, 6 hard drives 1-4 TB, PSU: Corsair RM750 MY2019, Case: Cooler Master Mastercase 5 MC500 (with add-ons, Noctua NF-A14 and Arctic P14 fans), PCIE Cards: Cheap Chinese Marvell 88SE9215 4 port SATA card, Sonnet Allegro USB3.2 Card Monitors: ViewSonic Elite XG270QC (165hz, 1ms MPRT, 1440p, VA, Freesync PP, pneumatic stand), Hp Z27n (IPS, 60hz, 1440p, 8Ms), iiyama G2530HSU-B (75Hz, Freesync, one in landscape, one in Portrait, all on pneumatic monitor stands).

Mic: iSK UPM-1 USB XLR interface with Neewer NW700, Audio: Sabaj A3 160W DAC/AMP + Wharfdale Diamond 220 + Mission MS6 Sub, ifi Zen DAC v2 + ifi Zen CAN, Littledot Mk.II (w/ Soviet Power tubes and British Mulard M8100s/Soviet Voshkod 6JP-EV/ American General Electric JAN 5654W dependent on mood), Sendy Aiva (Primary), Beyer Dynamic DT990 250ohm Black Special Edition, Audeze EL-8 Open Back, Sennheiser HD598SE (modified to be a headset, snapped headband held together with gorilla tape), Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 600, Keyboard: Glorious GMMK ISO with Mengmoda MMD Tactile (main) and Kailh Box Navy (Function keys), Tribosys 3203 brush lubed, Taihao Green forest caps.

KOAKUMA Mk.IB (24/7 Folding Slave PC made of spare parts): CPU: Core i7 4770, Cooler: Some small antex cooler with 80mm fan, RAM: 2x 4Gb Sticks of 2400Mhz DDR3, Mobo: Asus H81i-Plus, GPU: R9 390 Nitro+ (barely fits in case), Storage: 256gb Korean no-name SATA SSD, PSU: Corsair CX550 (Gray label), Case: Antec ISK600 ITX case. [Given away to friend]

It's likely a CPU or ram error. Are any of the components overclocked? as that tends to be an issue with irql errors

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

The PSU is a VGA Supernova Iex750b

do you have a second working motherboard as you can plug the psu into it and test it out that way

2 minutes ago, barondeau said:

do you have a second working motherboard as you can plug the psu into it and test it out that way

Yes I can definetly try that tomorrow, its in this computer i am using now which is a super old I3 pc.

9 minutes ago, ibabyslapper said:

Are your 24pin mobo and 8 pin CPU cables plugged in properly?

What are your system specs, including PSU model and wattage?

I just unplugged those, and plugged them back in just to double check, and after about 20 seconds or so the system was running then shut itself off.

Some of the newer PSUs also come with PSU testers seen below, they are very effect at determining if it is working or not

image.jpeg.63aaa2378657a4ce2623d0105b0f3c8e.jpeg 

1 minute ago, barondeau said:

Some of the newer PSUs also come with PSU testers seen below, they are very effect at determining if it is working or not

image.jpeg.63aaa2378657a4ce2623d0105b0f3c8e.jpeg 

I do not have one of those, but I will for sure try that PSU in this PC tomorrow. But I need a pc running tonight because we are waiting for test results from Cleveland Clinic tonight so I cant really tear apart this one tonight,

15 minutes ago, Airdragonz said:

It's likely a CPU or ram error. Are any of the components overclocked? as that tends to be an issue with irql errors

The "OC Genie" was on originally but I turned it off after the first time this happened on tuesday. Turned off OC Genie and XMP in the bios, and on the board.

I can probably afford to replace one piece, so I want to be pretty certain that the piece i replace is going to make it work. But I am honestly not that convinced anything is broke. But now its shutting itself off after 20 seconds or so.

1 minute ago, sloshappy said:

I just unplugged those, and plugged them back in just to double check, and after about 20 seconds or so the system was running then shut itself off.

Try visually inspecting your motherboard, look for any capacitors with bulging tops or components with scorching marks on them.

You may have to remove a VRM heatsink or two to do this.

Are there any loose screws in your case? Your friend may of lost a screw inside the PC when he built it, and it may be shorting something.

While this could be an issue with your PSU, I wouldn't recommend opening you PSU, as you may accidentally kill yourself.

REMILIA Mk.IIIE CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X, Cooler: Arctic Freezer II 240 (Noctua NT-H2), RAM: 4x 8Gb sticks of Patriot Viper Steel Series 3600 CL17, Mobo: AsRock X570 Taichi, GPU: Inno3D RTX 3080 iChill x4 10G, Storage: 1TB Intel 670p NVME SSD boot drive, a few 1TB and 512gb SATA/NVME SSDs for game storage, 6 hard drives 1-4 TB, PSU: Corsair RM750 MY2019, Case: Cooler Master Mastercase 5 MC500 (with add-ons, Noctua NF-A14 and Arctic P14 fans), PCIE Cards: Cheap Chinese Marvell 88SE9215 4 port SATA card, Sonnet Allegro USB3.2 Card Monitors: ViewSonic Elite XG270QC (165hz, 1ms MPRT, 1440p, VA, Freesync PP, pneumatic stand), Hp Z27n (IPS, 60hz, 1440p, 8Ms), iiyama G2530HSU-B (75Hz, Freesync, one in landscape, one in Portrait, all on pneumatic monitor stands).

Mic: iSK UPM-1 USB XLR interface with Neewer NW700, Audio: Sabaj A3 160W DAC/AMP + Wharfdale Diamond 220 + Mission MS6 Sub, ifi Zen DAC v2 + ifi Zen CAN, Littledot Mk.II (w/ Soviet Power tubes and British Mulard M8100s/Soviet Voshkod 6JP-EV/ American General Electric JAN 5654W dependent on mood), Sendy Aiva (Primary), Beyer Dynamic DT990 250ohm Black Special Edition, Audeze EL-8 Open Back, Sennheiser HD598SE (modified to be a headset, snapped headband held together with gorilla tape), Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 600, Keyboard: Glorious GMMK ISO with Mengmoda MMD Tactile (main) and Kailh Box Navy (Function keys), Tribosys 3203 brush lubed, Taihao Green forest caps.

KOAKUMA Mk.IB (24/7 Folding Slave PC made of spare parts): CPU: Core i7 4770, Cooler: Some small antex cooler with 80mm fan, RAM: 2x 4Gb Sticks of 2400Mhz DDR3, Mobo: Asus H81i-Plus, GPU: R9 390 Nitro+ (barely fits in case), Storage: 256gb Korean no-name SATA SSD, PSU: Corsair CX550 (Gray label), Case: Antec ISK600 ITX case. [Given away to friend]

1 minute ago, ibabyslapper said:

Try visually inspecting your motherboard, look for any capacitors with bulging tops or components with scorching marks on them.

You may have to remove a VRM heatsink or two to do this.

Are there any loose screws in your case? Your friend may of lost a screw inside the PC when he built it, and it may be shorting something.

While this could be an issue with your PSU, I wouldn't recommend opening you PSU, as you may accidentally kill yourself.

Do you think I should breadboard it tomorrow as well? I mean I am totally lost here what it could be. While I had it open today i took a flashlight and really looked at it and didnt see anything glaringly obvious sticking out. No bulging capacitors or any scorching.

So i swapped in a good PSU and a good GPU still no post or boot. So whats that leave?? Anyone??

I am not 100% sure why i think this, but i feel like it might be the motherboard. Is that even possible? Like i said I am no computer professional, but I have never actually seen with my own eyes a bad motherboard

I literally threw all of this in the garbage. I quit.