Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Connection issues with PS4

ROBOCRIPPLE

I have an Actiontec modem/router combo that came with my ISP Telus, which is also used to connect to "Optik TV" cable boxes in the house. (my mom and dad still watch TV the old fashioned way) I have this router connected to my PS4, and after a few days have passed it is disconnected from the Internet! The last time it did, I lost my mind! It does this while connected to either WiFi or a LAN cable, and I don't get this issue with my other devices (PC, smartphone), whatsoever. I don't want to deal with this stupidity, anymore. I want to find a solution that prevents this problem from happening ever again.

What I did before was connect another router to the modem/router combo and my PS4 into that other router. The problem I had with it was the NAT issue when trying to chat with my PSN friends via Party Chat. The modem/router combo does have a Bridge mode, which gives the device plugged into LAN port 1 its own IP address. First time I tried it didn't work, but the second time it did work. Because the modem/router combo has good WiFi coverage in the house, I don't really need another WiFi router in the house, unless I want to do something like Remote Play or Spotify from my phone, so an old router with WiFi disabled could work.

Is there a better solution to this connection issue?

Enable UPnP on your router and see if that fixes your issue.

Magical Pineapples