Raspberry PI - XBMC

randal007

Cheap Media center that plays 1080p Flawless. I was skeptical that it could play 1080p. I am amazed at how well it ran, Its also overclocked. 840Mhz

20130106_181546_zps0c6184b6.jpg

Do you have instructions to overclock the RPi? I'm planing to build a XBMC computer using RPi. I think overclocking it will not help much for XBMC but i'm excited to try it.

Binoj D

Looking good! I've been looking into making a media pc out of a Pi, and that case looks pretty cool, where did you get it?

Looking good! I've been looking into making a media pc out of a Pi, and that case looks pretty cool, where did you get it?
The case is called PiBow

Do you have instructions to overclock the RPi? I'm planing to build a XBMC computer using RPi. I think overclocking it will not help much for XBMC but i'm excited to try it.
If you go to Xbian website witch is the distro for XMBC it has instructions on how to configure Xbian. It has a overclocking settings. I recommend getting a heat sink for the CPU tho.

Thanks, I will have to get myself one!

Element 14 has the Raspberry pi and the Pibow.

To overclock the pi while running rasbian just type: sudo raspi-config

into the terminal and it'll bring up a window with an option to overclock. Or you can edit the config.

Not sure how to do it in RasBMC though......

You ssh into the raspberry pi and change the config. Xbian website has instructions.

Thanks for the awesome pointers guys.. :) will try them soon!

Binoj D

• 1 month later...

I know there is an SD card, but is there an sata adapter so you can connect a larger SSD or hardrive? because then i could throw all media and make a real HTPC out of my pi haha.

Work Station:: Cooler Master Storm Trooper // i7-3930K @ 3.9 GHz // Asus Sabertooth X79 // Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4X4GB) 1600 MHz // Cooler Master 1200W Gold // Xonar Essence STX // Radeon HD 6970 // Avermedia HD Live Gamer Pro

Gaming Rig:: Cooler Master Scout // i7-2700k @ 4.0GHz // MSI Z68 // G-Skill Ripjaw 16GB (4X4EB) 1066MHz // Antec 750W Bronze // Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD // EVGA GTX 670

Still waiting to get my Pi. Ordered it 3 weeks ago and the website I ordered it from still says 6+ weeks :(

I like the tiny heat sink you mounted on the processor ^_^

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

I've got mine running Openelec with an overclock of 950 with 400 core/sdram. XBMC runs very smoothly, especially with all your metadata and databases on a USB instead of the memory card. It an incredible HTPC for the price.

I am really surprised how well XBMC runs on it. Plays Blu-ray quality movies perfectly.

Just got mine today, can't wait to try it... Will be using it as a microprocessor too..

The Internet is invented by cats. Why? Why else would it have so much cat videos?

One piece of advice when ordering a rasberry pi, RS components only produce theirs in china and have a 3 week delivery time (to the UK). Farnell make 70% of theirs in the UK and have a 1-2 delivery time (to the UK). So if you want a british made one, buy from farnell.

• 2 weeks later...