Windows 10 Pro vs Enterprise vs LTSC vs N LTSC?

Broth3rz

Can anyone who understands these version differences elaborate to me in a non-confusing way what the real differences are?

So there is Pro vs Enterprise. Then there is LTSC vs N LTSC.

I mainly hate W10 because of all the trash and bloatware that they install and it seems you need 3-4 programs and 2-3 scripts to clean it up before anything. I REALLY hate bloat and privacy issues. I also don't want Defender or Cortana, or updates honestly. W10 to me is the equivalent of a cell phone.

So I hear Enterprise comes clean... no bloat.. but does it get updates or? I guess N LTSC is just about licensing?

I want the most clean version possible (trying to come from W7 that I don't wanna leave because its perfect, literally, just newer hardware won't support it since Microsoft is trying to kill it). Which should I get? Explain please! Thanks.

The N is for regions like some places in Europe where some things are banned, for example, the N versions don't ship with Windows Media Player. You don't want an N version. LTSC means that you get feature updates at a much slower rate compared to the normal channel. It also comes with much less bloat than the normal channel versions.

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

Just now, Husky said:

The N is for regions like some places in Europe where some things are banned, for example, the N versions don't ship with Windows Media Player. You don't want an N version. LTSC means that you get feature updates at a much slower rate compared to the normal channel. It also comes with much less bloat than the normal channel versions.

Sounds like its better then Pro then..? Why not get Enterprise then?

Does Enterprise have Cortana and Defender? SOunds like Enterprise is the way to go unless I'm missing something?

1 minute ago, Broth3rz said:

Sounds like its better then Pro then..? Why not get Enterprise then?

Does Enterprise have Cortana and Defender? SOunds like Enterprise is the way to go unless I'm missing something?

The last time I used Enterprise, it was exactly the same as Pro but it had additional features. The LTSC/LTSB is probably what makes the most difference (stripped out features etc).

Also, Enterprise is expensive and you need a special licensing agreement to use it, compared to Windows 10 Home/Pro.

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

2 hours ago, Husky said:

The last time I used Enterprise, it was exactly the same as Pro but it had additional features. The LTSC/LTSB is probably what makes the most difference (stripped out features etc).

Also, Enterprise is expensive and you need a special licensing agreement to use it, compared to Windows 10 Home/Pro.

So I guess I will go with Enterprise if I can get a legit copy since it's Pro, but more features and CLEAN!

What other features does it have vs Pro?

More features probably means more running processes..