Earphone/Monitor Speaker malfunction (No Sound)

Bestineu

I plugged in earphones to a used computer w/monitor and in the Sound Playback devices , they did not appear but they were working and the Speaker device showed sound being played from them.

After I unplugged the earphones, the Speakers still showed sound being played but the monitor speakers were no longer working with no sound actually coming out.

Can't hear sound unless earphones are plugged in. The bar next to Speakers keeps showing sound being played no matter what, earphone plugged in or out but only hear sound with earphones.

it's like - when I plugged in the earphones, the computer forgot what it's old speakers were and replaced it with my earphones, then when I unplugged them, the monitor is still plugged in so it doesn't recognize that the earphones it never recognized in the first place were unplugged?

i tried troubleshooting, restarting computer, plugging, unplugging, normal google searches but nothing worked.

anyways, please help fix!

Capture.PNG

the newest windows update causes sound to stop working. idk I there is a fix yet so id roll back to you last update file if you updated when this happened. otherwise id reinstall the drivers for both of the speakers and audio devices.