Oc unstable.

Hey guys. So today I started overclocking. I went from 3.4ghz to 3.8ghz without changing vaultage. It ran fine and stable in cinebench. About 4 hours later it now gives me a bsod if I run cinebench, But it works fine in games. I don't really know what to do with the vaultage. It wants me to enter a number. I'm not sure what to put in, it won't let me put anything under 1.025 vaults. So I decided to use the loadline callibration. It's currently on auto but I wanted to set it manually, first I tried 60% and it crashed on cinebench even quicker than auto. So I went and slapped in 100%. The pc booted but when I logged into my profile the pc rebooted, i changed it back to auto streight away. I'm not sure if it was a one time fluke but I'm too scared to try it again. Is it safe to put it too 100%? And could someone clear up what the vaultage thing is about. Is it safe putting it above 1.025? Or should it be under the 1s? Thanks :)

What CPU, Motherboard, CPU cooler?

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

7 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

What CPU, Motherboard, CPU cooler?

Cpu= Amd phenom II x4 965BE. MB = M4a785D-M pro. Cooler = Masterair MA410p. It's perfectly cool. 35° no load and 43° under load

12 minutes ago, Snifferdog3 said:

Cpu= Amd phenom II x4 965BE. MB = M4a785D-M pro. Cooler = Masterair MA410p. It's perfectly cool. 35° no load and 43° under load

Ugh...thats an old system for my experience. Is Vcore voltage really this low at 1.025 in Bios? You should be safe setting it anywhere around 1.3-1.4

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

1 minute ago, PopsicleHustler said:

Ugh...thats an old system for my experience. Is Vcore voltage really this low at 1.025 in Bios? You should be safe setting it anywhere around 1.3-1.4

Oh right that's fine then. It just wouldn't let me put any numbers below 1.025 so I wanted to know if it's safe. Yes my system is pretty old but I don't have alot of cash rn, I'll build a new system in the future. I'll try increasing the vcore tomorrow. Thanks for letting me know. But one more question... Do you know if setting the LLC to 100% is safe? I think it was just a fluke the system rebooting as it did it earlier when I was uping the core clock, but it was fine after.

2 minutes ago, Snifferdog3 said:

Oh right that's fine then. It just wouldn't let me put any numbers below 1.025 so I wanted to know if it's safe. Yes my system is pretty old but I don't have alot of cash rn, I'll build a new system in the future. I'll try increasing the vcore tomorrow. Thanks for letting me know. But one more question... Do you know if setting the LLC to 100% is safe? I think it was just a fluke the system rebooting as it did it earlier when I was uping the core clock, but it was fine after.

It should be safe unless you're doing some maniac level overclocking on 1.5v 5Ghz

2 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

It should be safe unless you're doing some maniac level overclocking on 1.5v 5Ghz

Lol haha I'm not doing that! That's good to hear. I'll let you know tomorrow if I get it fixed! Thanks for the help :)

16 hours ago, PopsicleHustler said:

So I just tested it and figured out what I was doing wrong. I was increasing the LLC instead of decreasing it so I was giving it less Voltage allowence. Thats why it was crashing easier the higher I went., Ive set the LLC to 30% and System is stable now. Thanks for the help :)