Buying a Schiit in Europe

Windows95

Hi I would like to buy the Magni 3 but im in France and these guys are in USA

Should I use this site?

http://schiit.eu.com/

It's taken from the official site:

http://www.schiit.com/places/distributors

I just don't know if I should buy directly from the site or use the .eu site

Also how much time does it take for the package to arrive in Europe? do they send only from USA or they have stock ready to go within Europe to make it faster?

thanks

The Schiit EU site ships from the Netherlands (or at least it used to)

I would recommend you order from the EU site. Not only will the shipping be faster, but you'll avoid dealing with import fees and VAT.

If you order from the US, it usually take 2-3 weeks to arrive in Europe.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

5 hours ago, Volbet said:

The Schiit EU site ships from the Netherlands (or at least it used to)

I would recommend you order from the EU site. Not only will the shipping be faster, but you'll avoid dealing with import fees and VAT.

If you order from the US, it usually take 2-3 weeks to arrive in Europe.

OK I will use EU site then

But how long to arrive to France if I order from EU site ?

Also, is magni 3 enough to drive my DT700 600 ohm headphones?

3 hours ago, Windows95 said:

Anything made by Schiit is good for any non planar magnetic headphones.

5 hours ago, Windows95 said:

OK I will use EU site then

But how long to arrive to France if I order from EU site ?

I don't know the delivery time, sorry.  It's highly dependent on local factors.

Yes, a Magni 3 will be more than enough for your headphones.

12 hours ago, Windows95 said:

Buying a Schiit in Europe

Well ok.

After all, Trump welt to Russia for a piss.

CPU-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / CPU Cooler-Noctua NH-D15S / Motherboard-MSI MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-WD WDBSLA0040HNC-NRSN 4TB 3.5" 7200 RPM / Storage-WD Red 6 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM--Crucial P3 4TB 3.0X4 NVME--Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Corsair MP600 CORE 2TB 4.0X4 NVME / Video Card-XFX Radeon RX 6900 XT / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / PSU-SeaSonic PRIME 1000 W 80+ Gold / Sound Card-Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z w/Shield / Monitor-BenQ GW2765HT 27.0" 2560 x 1440 60 Hz / Monitor-Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz / Keyboard-Logitech G Pro / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / UPS-CyberPower GX1325U / Fan Controller-Corsair Commander Pro

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / CPU Cooler-Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX / Motherboard-Asus TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) / MemoryG.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Western Digital Black SN750 SE 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB 3.0X4 NVME--Seagate Barracuda Compute 3 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM / Video Card-Asus KO Gaming OC GeForce RTX 3070 / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / Case-LIAN LI PCI-E 16 X 4.0 Black Riser / PSU-EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ Gold / Monitor-LG 22BK430H-B 21.5" 1920 x 1080 60 Hz / Monitor-MSI Optix 271CQP 27.0" 2560 x 1440 165 Hz Curved / Keyboard-Logitech G413 TKL SE / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower CP1350PFCLCD / Fan Controller-Corsair  Commander Pro / Sony HT-S200F Soundbar

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700X / CPU Cooler-Scythe Mugen 5 Black Edition / Motherboard-MSI MPG B550I GAMING EDGE MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--PNY CS900 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB NVME/ Video Card-EVGA XC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 / Case-Cooler NR200P / PSU-Cooler Master V750 SFX GOLD / Keyboard-HyperX Alloy Origins Core / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower LE1000DG-FC / Fan Controller-NZXT RGB & Fan Controller

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700G / CPU Cooler-Scythe Shuriken 2 / Motherboard-Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI / Memory-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3800 CL18 / Storage-WD Blue 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--Patriot P310 1.92TB 3.0X4 NVME / Case-InWin B1 Mesh / Keyboard-Logitech K380 / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / Monitor-ViewSonic VX1755 17" 1080p Portable IPS Gaming Monitor 144Hz / Speakers-Creative Muvo Go (Black)

Thanks

any guys from europe can tell me how long does it take to arrive if bought from EU site?

22 hours ago, Niksa said:

Anything made by Schiit is good for any non planar magnetic headphones.

I love my Lyr 3 with my Audeze LCD-X’s.

CPU: i7-5820k (4.7GHz/1.292V)                             RAM: Cruital Ballistix Sport 16GB DDR4                                Case: NZXT H440 Razer Sound: SVS Ultra Bookshelves / SVS SB13-Ultra / Marantz SR7008

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3                                         Storage: Samsung 840 Evo (500GB)  + WD Black (1TB)    PSU: EVGA G2-1000        M/KB: Razer Ouroboros / Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth 

Mobo: MSI X99S Sli Plus                                         GPU: EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid                                     OS: Windows 10               Monitor: BenQ XL2720Z / Asus PG348Q

1 hour ago, Reckless95 said:

I love my Lyr 3 with my Audeze LCD-X’s.

My answer was a bit non precise. The precise version would be that everything from their range will drive dynamic headphones without breaking a sweat, but for planar you need a bit more expensive stuff from them :)

On 10/18/2018 at 5:23 AM, Volbet said:

I will plug it on a Native Instruments Audio Kontrol 1 on the 2 TRS outputs. Can it have any problems voltage wise?

1 minute ago, Windows95 said:

I will plug it on a Native Instruments Audio Kontrol 1 on the 2 TRS outputs. Can it have any problems voltage wise?

It's kinda difficult to say, but at least you shouldn't.

Considering the wording in the device's operating manual, it should feed a line-level signal to the Magni. If that is indeed the case there won't be an issue.

1 hour ago, Volbet said:

It's kinda difficult to say, but at least you shouldn't.

Considering the wording in the device's operating manual, it should feed a line-level signal to the Magni. If that is indeed the case there won't be an issue.

I see, but wait a second:

https://schiit.eu.com/headphone-amps/magni-3

Why is it 110 pounds here? (plus 6.5 pounds for " Royal Mail 24 Tracked UK, 1 - 2 Working Days (2pm cut off)" in the checkout

That's $152 not $99...

Also where the f*ck is the button to register an account there?

40 minutes ago, Windows95 said:

I see, but wait a second:

https://schiit.eu.com/headphone-amps/magni-3

Why is it 110 pounds here? (plus 6.5 pounds for " Royal Mail 24 Tracked UK, 1 - 2 Working Days (2pm cut off)" in the checkout

That's $152 not $99...

Also where the f*ck is the button to register an account there?

Well, I'm not in Schiit's pricing department.

My best guess would be because prices in general tend to be higher in Europe (due to a variety of factors) plus the items have to be shipped from Schiit in the US to the importer in Europe.

On 10/18/2018 at 5:23 AM, Volbet said:

So on the NI AK1, should I leave the 3+4 line volume knob all the way up and then control volume with the magni 3 volume or the opposite?

3 minutes ago, Windows95 said:

So on the NI AK1, should I leave the 3+4 line volume knob all the way up and then control volume with the magni 3 volume or the opposite?

I would recommend just setting the interface at a linie-level and then controliing the volume on the Magni. 

While you can do it the other way around, that can lead to some funky issues with gain. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2018 at 11:31 AM, Volbet said:

I would recommend just setting the interface at a linie-level and then controliing the volume on the Magni. 

While you can do it the other way around, that can lead to some funky issues with gain. 

I can vouch for the Magni 3. Somehow, its electronics don't just spew out more power... it keeps that signal "clean". I set my source at 100% volume, and control it using the Magni's volume knob (pot?). @Volbet 's right on the money... I use my Grundig radio's RCA-line-out- to feed my Magni.  Planar magnetics will be just fine on it.

I also recently picked up their little hybrid (sstate current control; glass-tube voltage control) amplifier - the Vali 2. It pairs up very well with my HD6xx (a Senheisser HD650 clone).

On the headfi dot org thread, I heard some grumbling about B-stock not being available at Schiit's overseas distributors. I'm lucky to be in Canada, where returns and exchanges with the USA is easy (I just get dinged for customs & HST).

I ordered my schitt stack from the US, shipped to the UK. Pretty sure it actually worked out cheaper, and I believe it took about 3 weeks.

On 10/21/2018 at 5:31 PM, Volbet said:

I have a question. Will I need to connect the magni 3 with the USB cable too into the computer? or just AC adapter is enough since it's connected to the AK 1?

7 minutes ago, Windows95 said:

I have a question. Will I need to connect the magni 3 with the USB cable too into the computer? or just AC adapter is enough since it's connected to the AK 1?

The Magni 3 doesn't have a USB port. You need to use the AC adapter for power. 

11 minutes ago, Volbet said:

The Magni 3 doesn't have a USB port. You need to use the AC adapter for power. 

Aha yes i got confused for a second.

And you recommend that I set impedance to LO when I use small earphones? I have the yuin pk3, eb2, and other nice earphones as well as my big 600 ohm cans which I would set to HI.

I ask because I heard that some amps can even blow up your phones if they are set into the wrong impedance.. scary

1 minute ago, Windows95 said:

Aha yes i got confused for a second.

And you recommend that I set impedance to LO when I use small earphones? I have the yuin pk3, eb2, and other nice earphones as well as my big 600 ohm cans which I would set to HI.

I ask because I heard that some amps can even blow up your phones if they are set into the wrong impedance.. scary

I would recommend you set it to low on both your earphones and your headphones (unless your headphones won't get loud enough on low). 

On 11/10/2018 at 4:25 PM, Volbet said:

I would recommend you set it to low on both your earphones and your headphones (unless your headphones won't get loud enough on low). 

Does it only have an impact on loudness or image spacing or general sound quality too? Also why use LO on a 600 ohm headphone? shouldnt it be HI?

3 hours ago, Windows95 said:

Does it only have an impact on loudness or image spacing or general sound quality too? Also why use LO on a 600 ohm headphone? shouldnt it be HI?

The problem with using high gain is that it'll raise the noisefloor of the amp. While that shouldn't be a problem with high impedance headphones, it also makes no sense to set it to high if your headphones get loud enough on the low setting.

The gain setting will only effect the overall volume of the output.