Ryzen 1920x Idling 50C

Diver1
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Sounds like the issue I had w/ my Gen 1. Contact Enermax w/ a pic of the serial # and they will send out a new one that does not have the corrosion issues.

I have been running my Ryzen 1920x system for over 6 months and have always idled about 32C. Today my PC does not drop below 47C. I am running a gigabyte x399 motherboard, a gtx 1080ti that is idling at 26C currently, 32 gb of trident z memory and an enermax cooler. The 3 fans on the radiator sound like jet engines just to keep the cpu at 47C. Is the cooler going bad or is there any guesses as to why this might be happening all of the sudden?

1 minute ago, amusedschrodinger said:

Crap thermal paste?

Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut

I went into bios and the cpu temp started to drop and got down to 38C before exiting bios. When looking at cpu usage there is nothing that is running that is using crazy amounts of cpu usage. Is it something running in windows that could cause the cpu to run hot?

Sounds like the issue I had w/ my Gen 1. Contact Enermax w/ a pic of the serial # and they will send out a new one that does not have the corrosion issues.

2 minutes ago, King Poet said:

Sounds good. Thanks for the insight I will do that.